Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Systems Engineer Software
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Systems Engineer to join our GA-ASI: Mission Systems division directly supporting the Software Systems Engineering team here in San Diego CA (Rancho Bernardo). Currently we have multiple software programs that do not have enough corresponding Systems Engineering support to flow down system level requirements and design to the software team or to generate detailed CONOPS to provide the proper inputs to software engineers for their tasks. The candidate will need to be able to effectively communicate and seek out information. This will mean spending a lot of time with other engineers versus sitting in an office/cube most of the day. It will mean not letting distance become a barrier to communication to include traveling to other buildings/sites to obtain answers. The candidate will need to clearly communicate design and architecture as well as itA¢a,¬a¢s adherence to required open architecture standards. This employee will also have great latitude to figure out what gaps lie in our existing designs and then determine how to fill those gaps. The Software Systems Engineering group has end to end understanding of the overall architectures and systems providing direction to software and other engineers for development and testing of the end product.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work with industry consortium members to develop Concept of Operations (CONOPS) that flow down into detailed system design and requirements.
- Will develop Use Cases and ICDs that align with CONOPS.
- Will help define reference architectures that comply with defined open architecture standards.
- Will develop trade studies/white papers when applicable to explain design decisions or development approaches.
- Will develop system requirements that will be decomposed and allocated to subsystems software and hardware.
- Will ensure compliance of interfaces between software and hardware.
- Will be the direct conduit to the software development teams to ensure that software requirements are properly flowed down as well as traceable to higher level requirements and to test cases. Employee will work closely with software development team to ensure requirements and design are understood and are adhered to as part of the development lifecycle.
- Will work with all phases of the software development lifecycle including system analysis architecture design testing debugging and documentation.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree seven or more years of experience with a masters degree or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must be capable of working independently as well as with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be capable of understanding and generating system CONOPS and use cases ensuring detailed
requirements and designs satisfy customer objectives.
- Must be capable of deriving and decomposing requirements from CONOPS and use case.
- This position does not include software development; however previous experience with programming languages (C/C++ and XML) Linux and software architectures (including service-oriented architecture) is highly desired.
- Previous experience with DoD Open System Architecture (OSA) standards such as UAS Control Segment (UCS) UAS Command and Control Standard Initiative (UCI) Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) Open Mission Systems (OMS)and Open Communication Subsystem (OCS) is highly desired.
- Previous experience working with the Department of Defense (DOD) on airborne payloads such as Radar Electronic Warfare or Electro-Optical systems is desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance. (Requires U.S. Citizenship)
Security Clearance: Desired
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Systems Engineer Software job at General Atomics
Apply for this Systems Engineer Software position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.