Let your career take off with PSA Airlines!
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director Recruiting
Location: Charlotte NC (some relocation assistance may be available)
Direct Reports: Four
Travel: Low to Moderate
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S. we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. At PSA we are a close-knit passionate team that values each other’s opinions and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
Our operations strive to meet the expectations of American Airlines and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA Airlines remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety performance and training culture. Since 2014 PSA has tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150+ Bombardier CRJ aircraft. Help us hire the best of the best to meet these growth plans!
Summary/Objective: The Manager of Flight Attendant (FA) Recruiting is responsible for both tactical execution and strategic development of targeted Recruiting initiatives under the guidance of the Director. This is a leadership role with four direct reports.
Flight Attendant staffing is a high volume fast-paced environment that sees an average of 2000 applications 300+ interviews 12 events and 65-75 hires every month. The ideal candidate for this role has had some experience with Aviation and/or Inflight Services works well in a high-demand and volume atmosphere is customer-service oriented and has excellent communication skills.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Recruiting Plan Execution
- Lead Recruiting team to achieve objectives and hiring goals per the Recruiting Plan assisting with interview events and candidate management as needed.
- Track recruiting program metrics and monitor Recruiter progress to ensure program success.
- Work with Crew Planning and Inflight to schedule FA resources for interview events.
- Lead efforts to expand select train and monitor performance of part-time team of Flight Attendants who assist with interview events.
- Ensure an excellent candidate experience is maintained throughout the sourcing process and high touch candidate experience exists throughout the interview and offer/onboarding process that will differentiate PSA from their competitors.
- Ensure application tracking system and CRM system are utilized to maintain adequate candidate data throughout the full cycle recruiting process.
- Determine recruiting training development programs needed for Recruiting team.
- Other hiring initiatives or projects as assigned including acting as a backup for team.
- Partner with Director to develop strategic recruiting plans and hiring initiatives that align with PSA’s growth projections and cultural objectives.
- Partner with Director to develop effective sourcing programs that will attract talent to PSA.
- Build-out talent networks influencers and industry sources to develop an ongoing pool of candidates.
- Deploy competitive intelligence resources and create recruiting opportunities that draw experienced Maintenance professionals to PSA.
- Partner with and advise leaders on a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount turnover and changing talent needs.
- Manage pipeline development programs building relationships with schools and other talent pipelines to create sustained candidate sources through partnership between PSA and the entity.
- Identify and attend networking activities such as career fairs industry expos professional associations technical schools and outplacement services etc.
- Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
- Analyze recruiting trends best sources and recruiting metrics to guide team on when and where to target talent.
Reporting and Administration
- Run and analyze metrics for FA Recruiting weekly sharing activity reports highlighting progress event management and future class projections.
- Organize and facilitate Recruiting team meetings share knowledge and skills with teammates and spearhead continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure Human Resources policies processes and practices are executed consistently.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
Key Stakeholder Communication:
- Recruiting Group: Daily support and leadership removing obstacles and solving issues that create barriers to Recruiters meeting their goals; ongoing development of skill sets
- Hiring Managers: Weekly communication on sourcing and selection wins obstacles and issues (along with relevant solutions); regular reporting as required
- Director of Recruiting: Daily and weekly updates on recruiting obstacles wins and issues; recording of all requested data for accurate metrics collection
- Recruiting Coordinator / Administrator: Daily communication on priorities for support
- Executives: Produce dashboard metrics reporting and present to executive leaders on the recruiting performance of corporate and technical roles weekly and/or as requested
Required Education Knowledge and Experience:
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
- Minimum five (5) years of full lifecycle high-volume or customer service recruiting experience ideally related to Inflight or aviation; 5-7 years of overall Recruiting experience preferred
- Experience leading a recruiting team; 3 years preferred supervisory experience
- Experience developing Recruiting strategies and plans tracking and reporting on metrics
- Experience managing Recruiting Programs (e.g. talent pipeline development school partnerships volume recruiting events marketing / social initiatives etc.)
- Track record of success building and managing stakeholder relationships throughout each phase of recruiting process; customer service orientation is a must
- Knowledge of / Experience utilizing behavioral and/or investigative interviewing techniques
- Exposure to legal and compliance aspects of Recruiting / HR
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word Excel PowerPoint Outlook
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor is essential especially during uncomfortable situations and confrontations
- Knowledge of social networking platforms online communities conferences and other sourcing channels
- Creative sourcing / attraction of talent; ability to build a talent pipeline and bench
- Experience developing / growing a school recruitment program
- Experience with consultative sales
- Track record of success mentoring and/or training Recruiting staff
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Highly effective time management
- Creative problem-solving
- Intellectual aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Focus on excellence
- Analytical skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of rare / occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Travel: Intermittent travel up to 50% of the time depending on hiring needs but typically less than 20%.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sexual orientation national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please sign in to apply for this job.