Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assembly Composite Technician to join our Manufacturing department within the ASI division. This position will be working directly in the Assembly room on aircraft parts for our Predator series.
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision and working in a loud environment with a variety of epoxy agents this position performs a variety of non-routine and non-repetitive procedures and assists in the fabrication curing build-up and assembly of various types of composite materials where required information is readily available methods and sequences have been pre-determined and tooling is provided. Works to blueprints templates sample parts process sheets and other authorized information.
Support SQDEC and LEAP boards
Troubleshoot problem areas
Audit quality systems
Implement solutions to complex problems to perfect paperwork
Communicates material shortages and escalates as required
Help train technicians in the proper build process
Participate in problem solving with Six Sigma Tools (DMAIC)
Conduct weekly audits and assist with New Product Introduction
Observe all laws and work in a safe manner
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent and five or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to use hand tools such as rollers paper cutters scissors x-acto knives electric heat gun and fixtures such as molds and mandrels.
- Familiarity with common shop tools such as band saws disk sanders drill press wood lathe etc. May require respirator certification. Must be able to work in a loud environment; work extended hours as required; and be able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding and comprehension of written and verbal instructions
- Capability of conducting mathematical calculations
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as scales and calipers
- Continuous Improvement promotions and involvement
- Detailed Blue Print reading
- FOD and Tool Control
- 5S Applications
- MPS dimensions
- Engineering Drawings
- Working with graphite tools
- Application of SWIs
- Repetitive or Standard Procedures
- Routing Trimming Drilling
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering and Manufacturing collaboration for New Product Introduction
- Reviewing identifiable factors on problems of moderately complex and diverse scope
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Composite Technician job at General Atomics
Apply for this Composite Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.