Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Engine Technical Advisor
Jet Support Services, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified Engine Technical Advisor to be based at our McKinney, TX office.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=jssi&jobId=202221&lang=en_US&source=CC2.
Founded in 1989, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) is the world’s largest independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes. JSSI provides its clients with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including jets, turbo-props and helicopters. JSSI serves clients around the world by managing maintenance services through its international network of technical advisors.
JSSI has always been deeply committed to providing its clients with the highest standard of service and excellence. Our management team is adding further value by developing innovative products and services and expanding into additional markets.
NOTE: BUSINESS (CORPORATE) AVIATION INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
The Engine Technical Advisor is the primary contact for Clients and will handle their needs on routine, minor unscheduled and AOG events. The Engine Technical Advisor manages customer events utilizing the Product Line Specialist (PLS) to assist them in supporting events for which they need assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Set up the preliminary scheduled inspections or major unscheduled events
2) Develops and maintains client relationships through periodic contact.
3) Grow and maintain relationships with regional service facilities, mobile repair teams, etc.
3) Research logbooks and/or conduct visual inspections for new enrollments or existing contracts.
4) Review and process invoices in AMS, meeting turn time goals set forth by Technical Services Management and policy.
5) Responsible for event triage, assessing and ensuring each situation is handled appropriately by:
a) Turning it over to the Product Line Specialist
b) Handling it from start to finish with assistance when necessary.
6) Must have a thorough understanding of the current contract, policies and procedures
7) Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Technical Services Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Field preferred
Airframe and Powerplant ratings (or its equivalent) required
Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Spanish is a plus
10 years’ experience with corporate turbine-powered business aircraft (not commercial) preferred.
Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to read and write articulately and analytically
Clear understanding of relevant technical skills
Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Have or be able to obtain passport and perform international travel
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in this job is usually moderate.
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
Please sign in to apply for this job.