Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Research Scientist Asc
King Of Prussia, PA
The individual selected for this Lockheed Martin position will function as both a practicing Data Scientist and an evangelist for advanced analytics techniques, primarily in support of the HR Workforce Strategy domain area.
The positions responsibilities include:
-collaboration with business stakeholders to apply and adapt existing models to new scenarios
-identify business opportunities and needs to develop associated analytical models that deliver useful, actionable insights, or recommendations.
-participate in, or lead cross functional teams to address problem
-identify new data driven business opportunities beyond the current business focus by combining existing and new data and help to institutionalize a data-driven analysis
-identifying relevant data sources and applying a variety of tools and techniques to prepare and manipulate the data for analysis
-visualization and reporting techniques to present findings and recommendations
-drive data architectures needed for sourcing and wider consumption and analysis in addition to applied problem solving
-collaborating with Solution Architects to provide insights into current and future trends
-translating trends into implications for Lockheed Martin including deployment of new technologies
-giving advice on adequate quality, analysis, processing, privacy and security of internal and external data
-helping to improve our predictive and cognitive capabilities.
This position requires self-motivated individuals combined with hands-on entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional drive, with the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment.
Limited travel (less than 25%) will be required for this role.
US Citizen Required.
Work location is required to be at a major Lockheed Martin EBS facility. Either Ft Worth, TX, King of Prussia, PA, Marietta, GA, Littleton, CO or Owego, NY is preferred.
Basic Required Experience
• Demonstrated strong proficiency in designing efficient algorithms and performing analysis with a numerical scripting language such as R, MATLAB or Python
• Strong working knowledge of basic statistical concepts such as point estimation, probability distributions, hypothesis tests, and how they can be applied.
• Strong understanding of business fundamentals and the ability to relate them to business processes
• Ability to utilize flexible analytical approaches that allows for results at varying levels of precision
• Demonstrated business and technical communication skills, including the communication of findings using reporting and visualization tools and their relevance in business terms
• Experience with integration and cleansing of disparate or incomplete data sets to deliver insight
• Proficiency with SQL
• Experience in design and analysis of simulation experiments
• Experience in applied machine learning, such as generalized linear, decision tree, and neural network models
• Ability to perform model selection and evaluation using criteria such as Root Mean Square Error, Receiver Operator Characteristics or Lift tests
• Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources combined with a strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data and data models
• Experience with SAP HANA, Hadoop (including Hive, Pig or Mahout) and other tools that facilitate the consumption, storage, and analysis of “Big Data”
• An understanding of traditional business intelligence and data warehousing concepts (ETL, data modeling, and reporting)
• Domain knowledge of Aerospace & Defense industry
• Experience designing efficient Data mining and text mining frameworks with related tools (e.g. Mahout, Weka, UIMA, GATE)
• Project Management experience planning and monitoring analytics projects using Agile/Scrum principles
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
•Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
•Job Location(s): Fort Worth Colorado, Fort Worth Georgia, Fort Worth New York, Fort Worth Pennsylvania, Fort Worth Texas
Research Scientist Asc job at Lockheed Martin
Apply for this Research Scientist Asc position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.