Satellite Operations Engineer Hot
- Buffalo Creek, Colorado
- Job ID
Satellite Operations Engineer job at Advanced Solutions Inc in Buffalo Creek CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Satellite Operations Engineer
Work in a fast-paced small company environment on spacecraft operations for commercial and government programs. Support real-time spacecraft operations including preparing pass plans and sequences real-time commanding data trending and anomaly response/resolution. Apply the work performed and lessons learned from operations back into the ASI MAX flight and ground software products. Seeking a junior to mid-level person with strong technical skills and a background in satellite operations.
- Perform mission operations preparations including operations concept development participation in spacecraft integration and test and development verification and execution of command procedures and mission operations plans and procedures
- Collaborate with all levels of program and engineering staff on design test and operational matters and support other teams/disciplines as necessary.
- Spacecraft operations engineering
- Monitoring / trending of satellite telemetry
- Planning and executing satellite tasking and maintenance
- Spacecraft and ground system anomaly troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- System documentation and operations procedure development
- General knowledge of Linux
- Shell scripting with Python
- Satellite operations knowledge
- Ability to write clear well-tested well-documented software
- Ability to communicate with customers and team members both verbally and written
- Ability to work independently and on small fast paced highly motivated teams
- Experience working with on-orbit spacecraft satellite flight or ground system operations
- C++ experience
Required Education and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in Aerospace Engineering Computer Science Electrical Engineering Math or Physics with significant computer science coursework.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Advanced Solutions Inc Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.