AP Mechanic Urgent
- Greenfield, Indiana
- Hourly $22.00 - $27.00
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at Aero Management Group LLC in Greenfield IN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Division: Phoenix Flight Academy
Position Title: Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic
Reports to: Director of Flight Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Updated: 05/13/2020
The job of A&P Mechanic is to primarily maintain aircraft operating in our 141 Flight Training School(s) in accordance with FAA regulations and the individual aircraft’s airworthiness certificate, and any applicable Airworthiness Directives and Supplemental Type Certificates.
- Performs maintenance tasks without supervision
- Performs airframe, powerplant and propeller repairs and modifications required to meet company and FAA requirements
- Submit daily, weekly or monthly
- Performs routine inspections and troubleshooting, including airframe structures, engines, and aircraft systems.
- Performs piston engine troubleshooting, inspection, repair and engine run-ups.
- Conducts airframe system, component changes and systems checkout.
- Performs service bulletins on airframes and engine.
- Requires knowledge of 100 hour, annual and progressive inspection procedures set forth in FAR 43.
- Removal and disassembly of defective parts; assembly and installation of replacement parts; and testing aircraft systems
- Interprets technical manuals, drawings, and blueprints
- Mechanics will be required to sign for work accomplished including troubleshooting deferred maintenance items, and ensure proper recording of all maintenance tasks on company documents
- Building of customer invoices using labor calculations, purchase orders, and parts mark-up calculations
- Uses equipment such as tensiometers, micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, timing lights, and a variety of hand tools to repair or modify systems or assemblies.
- Keep a constant watch for safety, excessive cost of labor duplication, ensure proper and adequate equipment is used, acceptable parts or components are installed, and approved hardware or supplies are used
- Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards
- Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements
- The A&P Mechanic may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A&P License and Inspection Authorization (IA) required.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience with diversified piston, modification, aircraft/flight maintenance or airframe sheet metal maintenance.
- Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
- Preferred experience in a customer service facility performing inspections and repair of aircraft.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of piston airframe and engine principles
- Must have experience in MROs
- Must successfully pass background check and drug test
- Ability to read and respond to E-Mail communications.
Email resumes and cover letter to or apply online at www.aeromanagementgroup.com
Aero Management Group LLC Company Overview
Aero Management Group (AMG) provides world class service and support to airports, aviation businesses, and others who have a vested interest in general aviation and air carrier activity. We specialize exclusively in these segments of the industry and strive to maximize the economic impact airports have on their communities. Our team has firsthand planning, development, operations, management, marketing, and customer service experience. We have intimate working knowledge of the aviation industry, and extensive resources and expertise that encompass all segments and facets of the aviation industry (airport, aviation business, and aircraft).