Engineering Specialist Nasa Cara Program Hot
- Goddard, Kansas
- Job ID
Engineering Specialist Nasa Cara Program job at Aerospace Corporation in Goddard KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nations space programs solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite launch ground and cyber systems for defense civil and commercial customers. When you join our team youll be part of a special collection of problem solvers thought leaders and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Aerospace supports the NASA Conjunction Assessment Risk Analysis (CARA) program a key space flight safety role that is expanding due to the rapid growth in commercial launches increased attention to cis-lunar space domain awareness (SDA) and the need to collaborate with other government agencies in creating an enterprise solution for space traffic management (STM). Aerospace personnel currently act as CARA Chief Engineer and Deputy Chief Engineer providing technical and strategic guidance to CARA management. Due to recent growth in the FFRDC role within CARA an opportunity has arisen for an additional full-time position to provide conjunction assessment enterprise support.
What Youll Be Doing
- Prototype and/or evaluate ephemeris product data fusion techniques
- Develop enterprise solutions for conjunction assessment concepts of operations that span government agencies and commercial operators
- Perform competition-sensitive analyses
- Validate commercial SDA tools
- Duties responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned as needed
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelors or masters degree from an accredited program in aerospace engineering physics mathematics or similar field
- 5+ years of experience with M.S. or 8+ years of experience with B.S.
- Experience in conjunction analysis orbit determination space domain awareness statistical analysis astrodynamics and/or satellite operations
- Good communication skills proficient at briefing government customers on cogent details of analyses/results
- Self-motivated comfortable working with little supervision
- Work well in a diverse team environment with members from Aerospace government and contractors
- Experience with python and Matlab
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Ph.D. from an accredited program in aerospace engineering physics mathematics or similar field
- Current SCI
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays sick time and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8% 10% or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork flexibility and respect
We are all unique from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race age sex (including pregnancy childbirth and related medical conditions) sexual orientation gender gender identity or expression color religion genetic information marital status ancestry national origin protected veteran status physical disability medical condition mental disability or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If youre an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process please contact us by phone at or by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . - provided by Dice
Aerospace Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.