Space Development Agency Project Engineer Hot
- Crystal City, Texas
- Job ID
Space Development Agency Project Engineer job at Affordable Engineering Services in Crystal City TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
In an era of dynamic change in space Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Space Development Agency (SDA) was established in 2019 by the Department of Defense to define and monitor the Departments future threat-driven space architecture and accelerate the development and fielding of new military space capabilities necessary to ensure our technological and military advantage in space for national defense.
Aerospace support for the SDA resides within Defense Systems Operations and the National Space Systems Engineering Division which provides decision support at the enterprise level to senior Aerospace customers in the Pentagon as well as helping to connect and align customers and Aerospace across the space enterprise.
SDA has asked Aerospace to provide technical experts to support each of the following organizational elements:
- Transport: Engineering proliferated LEO Communications architectures link budgets on-orbit mesh networks satellite laser crosslinks satellite antenna design and on-board power systems. Familiarity with commercial SATCOM systems in various orbit regimes helpful.
- Battle Management: Expertise for engineering BM architectures understanding and analyzing kill chains developing and implementing mesh networks cyber defense tactical data link communications artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Tracking: Engineering for advanced/emergent missile threats; OPIR mission and data processing experience; optical telescope and satellite design/procurement test experience.
- Custody: Engineering proliferated LEO custody architectures (constellation design coverage optimization) radar remote sensing (both synthetic aperture and moving target indicator) other active/passive sensor technologies operations/tasking/scheduling tracking algorithms associated data processing.
- Navigation: Engineering proliferated LEO Navigation architectures precision timing in mesh networks alternative PNT approaches that could leverage the SDA architecture.
- Deterrence: Engineering cislunar architectures orbits including Earth-Moon Lagrange points propulsion systems advanced maneuvering SSA and Offensive/Defensive Space Control architectures missions and data processing experience; optical telescope and satellite design/procurement and test experience.
- Integration: Space Systems Engineering architecture design and development interfaces and interdependencies modeling and simulation objective optimization operational concept development space vehicle integration and test.
- Support: Engineering solutions for launch including rapid commercial and high-capacity ground systems user equipment other supporting infrastructure.
- Red Cell: Space cybersecurity domestic and foreign counterspace capabilities and technical mitigation strategies technology roadmap development and foresight constellation resiliency assessments practical experience with Red Team group exercises experience with intelligence collection and technical assessment requests familiarity with design/development/launch/operations technical and operational challenges.
Successful candidates should have skills that fit into one or more of the functional areas described above. Selected individuals will interact with senior government officials industry representatives and staff from many organizations. Some travel is likely.
Position can be filled as a Project Engineer or a Sr. Project Engineer.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a Science Technology Engineering or Mathematics field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering/scientific experience is required for Project Engineer. 12 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering/scientific experience for Senior Project Engineer.
- Candidates should be able to lead work and communicate effectively as part of a team in a fast paced dynamic environment reacting quickly and providing products of consistent high quality
- High interest enthusiasm and motivation in addressing future national space security challenges required
- Multidisciplinary experience including spacecraft and launch vehicle concept design and operation knowledge of DoD IC Civil and Commercial missions and technologies desired
- Ability to summarize and present analysis findings to upper management and customer senior leadership is required
- Dependability good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work on teams are essential
- Ability to work with the Aerospace Engineering Technology Group matrix and other Aerospace program offices is desired
- Experience in systems engineering risk assessment and trade space exploration studies is desired
- Experience directly interfacing with customers and delivering comprehensive assessment products is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race age sex (including pregnancy childbirth and related medical conditions) sexual orientation gender gender identity or expression color religion genetic information marital status ancestry national origin protected veteran status physical disability medical condition mental disability or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If youre an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process please contact us by phone at 310.###.#### or by email at You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Affordable Engineering Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.