Tube Fabricator Urgent
- Westminster, Colorado
- Job ID
Tube Fabricator job at Air Comm Corporation in Westminster CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. We post all our current job opportunities at http://aircommcorp.com/employment-opportunities
The fabricator will ensure the timely completion of environmental control system parts for shipment to customers. Position must have strong abilities with drills, saws, all tube benders, FARO Arm, CP machines for trimming and flaring and the ability to read engineering drawings.
1. Assemble the product per the print and released procedures to ensure a quality product.
2. Ensures correct work order and clocked time is properly tracked.
3. Perform manual and automation bends without supervision.
4. Pre-inspection of tube assemblies per pattern.
5. Verify the warehouse pull contains the right parts, the right quantity and issue a FPY if required.
6. Check the revision of the drawings per the BOM to ensure the part is produced to the correct revision.
7. Use of leak check equipment per drawing or EPS requirements.
8. Trimming, end forming, finishing per Drawing/Process Plan.
9. Crimping, finishing and pre-inspection of hose assemblies.
10. Use of Faro Arm to inspect tube assemblies to XYZ data.
11. Proficient with the use of electric drills, drill press, sanders, saws, vapor degreaser, screwdrivers, wrenches, calipers, clamps, hammers, wire crimpers, and other common hand tools.
12. Training and direction of work to Level I Fabricators.
13. Gather tools and verify that they are calibrated and in good condition prior to starting the work, replace tools that are not compliant.
14. Serialize assemblies as required per the MO documentation using laser.
15. Route to Quality or perform in-process inspection per the procedure.
16. Troubleshoot quality issues and rework as necessary to ensure the product meets requirements, escalate to leadership for difficult issues.
17. Sign all assembly & test operations and clock out of the job to ensure proper tracking of production.
18. Perform foreign object detection (FOD) activities to minimize any potential risks.
19. Comply with all safety procedures to ensure proper protective equipment usage.
20. Responsible for checking and notifying leadership on material needs.
21. Responsible for updating and maintaining Preventive Maintenance.
1. Work with direct manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to continue and grow skills and abilities.
2. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency and elevate to leadership.
3. Clean, sweep, mop, and remove trash and set workstation to ensure tools are in their proper location and the area is clean for the next job.
4. Identify safety, quality, delivery cost issues and report to management.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment building or repairing parts.
• Experience in fabrication and aviation airframe strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability reading schematics, prints, drawings, etc for part assembly required
• Must have strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
Air Comm Corporation Company Overview
Our Mission To strive ceaselessly to produce products that provide optimal comfort, safety, reliability and value for the operator. Value is defined as a high quality, durable product that provides reliable, efficient, effective performance under all operating conditions, light weight and low maintenance all at the lowest possible cost. WHO WE ARE: History: Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987. ACC was founded to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking higher performance environmental control systems not available from the aircraft manufacturer. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications. Culture: Air Comm Corporation is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, creative, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25, within 1 mile of public transportation, and has mountain views! We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment. If you arelooking to be a valued contributor for a fun and hardworking company, look no further that ACC! Industry : ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components andengineered solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/mechanical system design, development and production. Every ACC system is FAA-approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate, or via military qualification. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military. What Sets ACC Apart : In our company, we do the right thing when no one is looking. Personalintegrity is non-negotiable here. Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. WHAT WE DO: Engineering: ACC’s technical staff is comprised of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, and electricalengineers who each bring a unique set of talents and expertise in order to develop state of the artsystems. Our engineering staff is supported by certified SolidWorks Professionals. Test: The ACC test facility at the Boulder Municipal Airport has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and to identify areas where optimization can be realized. We have the capability to perform certification testing to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 standards. Poduction : We perform high-precision Tube Manufacturing, Welding, Mechanical, and Electrical Assembly. All ACC associates are committed to perfection, and strive to maintain a flawless record of out-of-the-box accuracy and complete customer satisfaction. Air Comm Corporation is a FAA-PMA facility with FAA-DMIR authority. Our quality assurance system conforms to the quality control requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100 Rev D Certification. Air Comm systems are manufactured to exacting standardsto insure the highest possible quality in terms of safety, reliability, performance and aesthetics. Repair Station: ACC has an FAA certified repair station where we repair and overhaul many of the items we manufacture for our line of STC air conditioning and heating systems. We also provide MRO services in support of our OEM customers comprised of the world’s largest aircraft and helicopter manufacturers. All Repair technicians complete extensive on-site training in areas such as: Human Factors, Technical Data, Situational Awareness, the Repair Station Manual, and Facility Security courses, in order to enhance the overall level of quality that ACC delivers to their managed and outside customers. PAY & BENEFITS: At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements. Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.