Production Planner and Buyer
- Westminster, Colorado
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Production Planner and Buyer job at Air Comm Corporation in Westminster CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
This role will encompass all supply chain functions of planning and procuring material for high mix / low volume, custom parts and assemblies in a highly regulated industry. Responsible for continuously improving the forecasting, planning, and buying process while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Using internal reporting and information regarding current inventory levels, sales demand, and production capabilities, this position drives daily and weekly production schedules aimed at optimizing inventory levels that meet evolving customer expectations. This function is highly analytic in nature (such as make vs. buy study) and requires a strategic ability to collaborate with others. Individual must thrive in high stress environment, enjoy complex challenges, and work productively to find the best possible solution.
1. Maintains bills of material, routing sequencing, and other item information within the ERP system to ensure accurate information is informing decisions throughout the production effort.
2. Strong understanding of multilevel BOM’s, with proper loading and planning in ERP system.
3. Responsible for managing on time release of manufactured, and production parts.
4. Work with production to optimize resources, manage allocation of parts to meet monthly revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
5. Work closely with master scheduler to evenly load AFD forecast model.
6. Evaluate the Open Order reports in ERP system and determine firm demand orders and due dates.
7. Acquire a deep understanding of demand drivers and ensure schedule is calibrated accordingly.
8. Monitor inventory levels, risks, and shortages and work to eliminate constraints/issues.
9. Create the Material Order in the system to support sales order, MPS, warranty, and MRO demand based on product code and business unit assignments.
10. Attend daily operations meetings for real-time shipping updates, shortages, and other updates.
11. Plans and manages Outside process requirements as assigned.
12. Release orders in ERP and communicate priorities with logistics.
13. Attend daily shipping meeting at dock to ensure priorities are understood and identify any shipping delays.
14. At times, will be asked to work with logistics to ensure timely delivery of kits and finished parts (physically assist with kitting and cycle count needs).
15. Adjust material as situation changes such as scrap, engineering changes and other needs.
16. Mentor junior Buyer/Planners to enhance their skills and familiarity with tools.
1. Evaluate purchasing demands, lead times and production dates to determine when and quantity to purchase.
2. Deliver cost savings, lead time reduction, and quality improvements for assigned commodities, major suppliers, and part numbers.
3. Lead negotiation efforts to source and purchase high dollar parts with reasonable delivery schedules.
4. Find/source alternate materials that comply with regulatory or customer requirements.
5. Prepare quotes and purchase requisitions for approved suppliers to commit to price, quality, delivery and specifications.
6. Select the supplier, ensure the appropriate approvals and submit the purchase order that meets product requirements and company goals of low cost, high quality, and on-time-delivery.
7. Manage suppliers performance and escalate risks, delays, prices issues or quality. Challenge vendors when expectations are not met (while maintaining long term, professional relationship).
8. Work with suppliers to ensure 100% compliance with ACC terms and conditions and supplier quality handbook.
9. Calculate min/max levels to ensure triggers meet lead times and monitor actual vendor delivery performance.
10. Perform on-site visits / assessments for vendor sourcing ensuring supplier meets acceptable risk assessment score.
11. Prepare and submit NDA's and supplier surveys to qualify new and potential suppliers.
12. Attend meetings at MRB containment location to monitor issues and corrective actions and work with suppliers to resolve in a timely manner including repair and replacement activities.
13. Proficient reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, etc.
14. Retain records of purchases to ensure traceability of part to requirements for FAA and AS9100 compliance.
15. Aid Supply Chain leadership in risk assessments and mitigation plans for assigned commodities.
16. Ensure trade compliance for ACC exported products.
17. Adhere to all ACC Procurement policy and procedures.
Collaboration / Special Project and Continuous Improvement
1. Cross-departmental collaboration to find unique solutions to business needs.
2. Work with accounting to ensure invoices are reconciled and returns/repairs are credited.
3. Collaborate with production to determine resolution of Hot Items or late shipment issues.
4. Collaborate with Engineering to flow Engineering Change Orders to suppliers and ensure implementation.
5. Work with manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to grow skills and abilities.
6. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency and elevate to Manager.
7. Lead process improvement and corrective action teams internally and with suppliers.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain related field and/or professional supply chain or operations certification (ISM/APICS) or commensurate experience.
• Minimum 5 years of supply chain experience, strong preference for aviation or manufacturing industry experience.
• Planning and scheduling experience for manufacturing industry using ERP system (Quantum and Visual are a plus).
• Strong negotiation tactics – work with vendors in challenging environments.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (advanced Excel skills – Pivot Tables, vlookup abilities)
• Demand forecast modeling, build-up, and scheduling experience.
• Up to 20% travel may be required. Passport required.
• Experience with ISO or AS9100 processes and procedures.
• Strong language skills in English and Mandarin.
Air Comm Corporation Company Overview
Our Mission To strive ceaselessly to produce products that provide optimal comfort, safety, reliability and value for the operator. Value is defined as a high quality, durable product that provides reliable, efficient, effective performance under all operating conditions, light weight and low maintenance all at the lowest possible cost. WHO WE ARE: History: Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987. ACC was founded to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking higher performance environmental control systems not available from the aircraft manufacturer. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications. Culture: Air Comm Corporation is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, creative, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25, within 1 mile of public transportation, and has mountain views! We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment. If you arelooking to be a valued contributor for a fun and hardworking company, look no further that ACC! Industry : ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components andengineered solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/mechanical system design, development and production. Every ACC system is FAA-approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate, or via military qualification. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military. What Sets ACC Apart : In our company, we do the right thing when no one is looking. Personalintegrity is non-negotiable here. Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. WHAT WE DO: Engineering: ACC’s technical staff is comprised of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, and electricalengineers who each bring a unique set of talents and expertise in order to develop state of the artsystems. Our engineering staff is supported by certified SolidWorks Professionals. Test: The ACC test facility at the Boulder Municipal Airport has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and to identify areas where optimization can be realized. We have the capability to perform certification testing to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 standards. Poduction : We perform high-precision Tube Manufacturing, Welding, Mechanical, and Electrical Assembly. All ACC associates are committed to perfection, and strive to maintain a flawless record of out-of-the-box accuracy and complete customer satisfaction. Air Comm Corporation is a FAA-PMA facility with FAA-DMIR authority. Our quality assurance system conforms to the quality control requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100 Rev D Certification. Air Comm systems are manufactured to exacting standardsto insure the highest possible quality in terms of safety, reliability, performance and aesthetics. Repair Station: ACC has an FAA certified repair station where we repair and overhaul many of the items we manufacture for our line of STC air conditioning and heating systems. We also provide MRO services in support of our OEM customers comprised of the world’s largest aircraft and helicopter manufacturers. All Repair technicians complete extensive on-site training in areas such as: Human Factors, Technical Data, Situational Awareness, the Repair Station Manual, and Facility Security courses, in order to enhance the overall level of quality that ACC delivers to their managed and outside customers. PAY & BENEFITS: At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements. Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.