Repair Station Tech Urgent
- Westminster, Colorado
- Hourly $20.00
- Job ID
Repair Station Tech job at Air Comm Corporation in Westminster CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. We post all our current job opportunities at http://aircommcorp.com/employment-opportunities
We need a Repair Station Technician to work in a FAA Part 145 Certified Repair Station with a great attitude, multi-tasking skills and the ability to work on many different units in a short time. The individual that we seek is excited to come to work and is motivated by the idea of being involved in trouble shooting and repairing parts on tight schedules. This hourly position will report directly to the MRO Manager. This individual performs component analysis and completion work for MRO units and all documentation required by FAA regulations. The technician will work closely with Customer Service Representatives, Purchasing and QA to ensure quoted lead times and Turn Around Time (TAT) are met.
Responsibilities will include performing all functions required for troubleshooting and repairing customer return units and are not limited to the following:
• Interpret customer Repair Orders/Purchase Orders.
• Tear down and troubleshoot units from the field.
• Modify ERP templates to complete re-worked goods.
• Input all pertinent information into ERP database.
• Verification of Repair Instructions (RIs) for components to be worked on.
• Use RIs and drawings to complete the repair.
• Position requires strong attention to deadlines and ability to change priorities to meet customer needs.
• Additional duties as business requires.
• Work within FAA and European Aviation Safety Authority (EASA) Part 145 Regulations
• High School diploma or GED required
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment building or repairing parts.
• Strong documentation skills and the ability to follow directions exactly as written.
• Knowledge, compliance, and awareness of ITAR practices and procedures.
• Aptitude to learn additional product lines that ACC manufactures.
• Aptitude to learn ACC Quality Manual and Processes.
• Aptitude to learn FAA Part 145 regulations and ACC Repair Station Manual/Quality Control Manual as well as EASA Supplement.
• Aptitude to learn ERP database requirements.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and other MS Office products.
• Technical aptitude of engineering drawings and familiarity with Mil spec hardware.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
• Ability to pass initial and random FAA Drug/Alcohol screening requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Air Comm Corporation Company Overview
Our Mission To strive ceaselessly to produce products that provide optimal comfort, safety, reliability and value for the operator. Value is defined as a high quality, durable product that provides reliable, efficient, effective performance under all operating conditions, light weight and low maintenance all at the lowest possible cost. WHO WE ARE: History: Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987. ACC was founded to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking higher performance environmental control systems not available from the aircraft manufacturer. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications. Culture: Air Comm Corporation is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, creative, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25, within 1 mile of public transportation, and has mountain views! We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment. If you arelooking to be a valued contributor for a fun and hardworking company, look no further that ACC! Industry : ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components andengineered solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/mechanical system design, development and production. Every ACC system is FAA-approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate, or via military qualification. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military. What Sets ACC Apart : In our company, we do the right thing when no one is looking. Personalintegrity is non-negotiable here. Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. WHAT WE DO: Engineering: ACC’s technical staff is comprised of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, and electricalengineers who each bring a unique set of talents and expertise in order to develop state of the artsystems. Our engineering staff is supported by certified SolidWorks Professionals. Test: The ACC test facility at the Boulder Municipal Airport has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and to identify areas where optimization can be realized. We have the capability to perform certification testing to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 standards. Poduction : We perform high-precision Tube Manufacturing, Welding, Mechanical, and Electrical Assembly. All ACC associates are committed to perfection, and strive to maintain a flawless record of out-of-the-box accuracy and complete customer satisfaction. Air Comm Corporation is a FAA-PMA facility with FAA-DMIR authority. Our quality assurance system conforms to the quality control requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100 Rev D Certification. Air Comm systems are manufactured to exacting standardsto insure the highest possible quality in terms of safety, reliability, performance and aesthetics. Repair Station: ACC has an FAA certified repair station where we repair and overhaul many of the items we manufacture for our line of STC air conditioning and heating systems. We also provide MRO services in support of our OEM customers comprised of the world’s largest aircraft and helicopter manufacturers. All Repair technicians complete extensive on-site training in areas such as: Human Factors, Technical Data, Situational Awareness, the Repair Station Manual, and Facility Security courses, in order to enhance the overall level of quality that ACC delivers to their managed and outside customers. PAY & BENEFITS: At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements. Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.