Buyer and Planner Featured
- Westminster, Colorado
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Buyer and Planner job at Air Comm Corporation in Westminster CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. We post all our current job opportunities at http://aircommcorp.com/employment-opportunities
This position has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required. The Buyer/Planner II has a great area of impact and the ability to influence customer satisfaction, company success, and the ongoing improvement of the department.
Sourcing and Purchasing - 40%
1. Source and purchase for special projects with Engineering, specialized products, and long lead high dollar parts.
2. Review purchasing demands and shortages daily to determine shortages and purchase priorities for the day.
3. Using MRP, evaluate lead times and production dates to determine when and how many to purchase based on assign product code and or commodity code.
4. Prepare quotes and purchase requisitions for approved suppliers to commit to price, quality, delivery and specifications.
5. Select the supplier, ensure the appropriate approvals and submit the purchase order to the supplier that meets the product requirements and the company goals of low cost, high quality, and on-time-delivery.
6. Monitor suppliers performance and escalate risks, delays, prices issues or quality to Supply Chain Management in Daily Huddle meetings,
7. Monitor blanket PO's by ensuring min/max triggers are met and adhered to.
8. Calculate min/max levels to ensure triggers meet lead times.
9. Prepare and submit NDA's and supplier surveys to qualify new and potential suppliers for the Approved Supplier List.
10. Review and evaluate supplier risk to determine if they are a viable supplier to be added to the Approved Supplier List
11. Perform interviews/on-site visits and assessments for new vendor sourcing ensuring supplier meets acceptable risk assessment score.
12. Monitor issues and corrective actions and work with suppliers to resolve in a timely manner including repair and replacement activities resulting from MRB.
13. Retain records of purchases to ensure traceability of part to requirements for FAA and AS91000 compliance.
14. Ensure trade compliance for ACC exported products by ensuring schedule B and tariff codes are entered into the system.
15. Negotiate and develop pricing, terms and conditions for long term contracts and customer parts.
16. Administer existing contracts and drive LTA partnerships where appropriate.
1. Evaluate the Open Order reports in ERP system and determine firm demand orders and due dates to establish priorities.
2. Create the Material Order in the system to support sales order, MPS, warranty, and MRO demand based on product code and business unit assignments.
3. Release the order in ERP and communicate with logistics.
4. Continually monitor for shortages and work to close out.
5. Prepare data for Daily Huddle and Con Ops meetings including shipments, order status, shortages status and add to planning spreadsheet.
6. Attend Planning meeting as needed to review the schedule with production to ensure priorities are set.
7. Mentor junior Schedulers to enhance their skills and familiarity with tools.
8. Set daily objectives for shipping.
Project Management – 10%
1. Participate in design reviews for custom built parts/product to provide input to the procurement plan.
2. Review new parts release with engineering.
3. Aid Supply Chain leadership in risk assessments and mitigation plans for assigned commodities.
Collaboration - 10%
1. Assist quality in MRB activities that require suppliers to replace or repair supplied product and related supplier quality improvements.
2. Work with Accounting to ensure invoices are reconciled and returns/repairs are credited.
3. Collaborate with production on understanding schedules and lead time requests.
4. Collaborate with quality and production to determine resolution to Hot Item or late shipment issues.
5. Collaborate with Engineering to flow Engineering Change Orders to suppliers and ensure implementation.
6. Collaborate with supply base for mutually beneficial organization.
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain or business related field.
• Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience in manufacturing industry.
• Experience with budgets, trends and price negotiations required.
• Technical fluency in Office products (Excel required)
• Strong experience with ERP system (JD Edwards, Infor Visual) or similar MRP/ERP experience
• Experience with ISO or AS9100 processes and procedures preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• APICS certification strongly preferred.
• Due to the diversity and strict time frames within the aviation industry, candidate must be able to handle several priority items as well as meet simultaneous deadlines.
Air Comm Corporation Company Overview
Our Mission To strive ceaselessly to produce products that provide optimal comfort, safety, reliability and value for the operator. Value is defined as a high quality, durable product that provides reliable, efficient, effective performance under all operating conditions, light weight and low maintenance all at the lowest possible cost. WHO WE ARE: History: Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987. ACC was founded to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking higher performance environmental control systems not available from the aircraft manufacturer. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications. Culture: Air Comm Corporation is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, creative, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25, within 1 mile of public transportation, and has mountain views! We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment. If you arelooking to be a valued contributor for a fun and hardworking company, look no further that ACC! Industry : ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components andengineered solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/mechanical system design, development and production. Every ACC system is FAA-approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate, or via military qualification. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military. What Sets ACC Apart : In our company, we do the right thing when no one is looking. Personalintegrity is non-negotiable here. Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. WHAT WE DO: Engineering: ACC’s technical staff is comprised of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, and electricalengineers who each bring a unique set of talents and expertise in order to develop state of the artsystems. Our engineering staff is supported by certified SolidWorks Professionals. Test: The ACC test facility at the Boulder Municipal Airport has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and to identify areas where optimization can be realized. We have the capability to perform certification testing to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 standards. Poduction : We perform high-precision Tube Manufacturing, Welding, Mechanical, and Electrical Assembly. All ACC associates are committed to perfection, and strive to maintain a flawless record of out-of-the-box accuracy and complete customer satisfaction. Air Comm Corporation is a FAA-PMA facility with FAA-DMIR authority. Our quality assurance system conforms to the quality control requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100 Rev D Certification. Air Comm systems are manufactured to exacting standardsto insure the highest possible quality in terms of safety, reliability, performance and aesthetics. Repair Station: ACC has an FAA certified repair station where we repair and overhaul many of the items we manufacture for our line of STC air conditioning and heating systems. We also provide MRO services in support of our OEM customers comprised of the world’s largest aircraft and helicopter manufacturers. All Repair technicians complete extensive on-site training in areas such as: Human Factors, Technical Data, Situational Awareness, the Repair Station Manual, and Facility Security courses, in order to enhance the overall level of quality that ACC delivers to their managed and outside customers. PAY & BENEFITS: At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements. Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.