Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repairer Featured
- New Castle, Delaware
- Job ID
Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repairer job at Air National Guard in New Castle DE
Description, duties, responsibilities
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION. This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER Position Description Number D1729000 and is part of the DE 166 Operation Support Squadron National Guard.
(1) Ensures all life support equipment meets strict airworthiness criteria and that it will sustain combat operations/readiness by inspecting testing calibrating certifying diagnostic evaluating troubleshooting repairing/replacing assembling and disassembling all aircrew life support equipment aircrew chemical/biological defense equipment and aircraft ejection/non-ejection systems. Clears Red X symbols on aircraft forms aircraft/aircrew electronic communications equipment and aircraft-oxygen related systems. Certifies Aircrew Life Support equipment requirements for all missions; and ensures aircraft are properly configured with proper types and numbers of aircrew life support equipment dependent on destination and mission being flown. Certifies by signature forms and equipment records the proper configuration and serviceability of aircraft installed equipment. (2) Conducts formal academic classroom and technical instruction for all pilots aircrew passengers (aircraft maintenance personnel dignitaries civilian search and rescue agencies etc.) on: Global Survival Combat Search and Rescue Training; Water Survival Training; Ejection/Non-ejection Seat Egress Training.
(3) Utilizes maintains and updates multiple computer main frame programs/data bases to analyze troubleshoot schedule and maintain inspection and accountability reports/documentation on all aircrew/aircraft life support and aircrew chemical-biological defense equipment.
(4) Utilizes Equipment and Financial Processing Systems. Reviews Allowance Source Codes and Fedlog and initiates and sends supply documents. Coordinates with SBSS Equipment Managers Contracting offices Resource Advisors Financial Working Groups Financial Management Board and Depot Level Repairable (DLR) analyst. Establishes and reviews equipment documents (R-14 DO4 M30 etc). Maintains equipment management control accountability supply accounts (chemical warfare DLR non-fly) supply tracking logs and separate funding accounts. (5) Orders Technical Orders (T.O.s) receives/updates T.O. changes files and distributes T.O.s performs inventories and checks orders compliance and modification items performs Interim Time Compliance Technical Order (ITCTO) Operational and Safety Supplement changes to all affected equipment performs T.O. Familiarization records and documents appropriate forms. Improves T.O.s by evaluating areas in need of modification completes and submits appropriate forms.
(6) Inventories and monitors Precision Maintenance Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) equipment prepares equipment for pick up and delivery prepares appropriate documentation coordinates with inspection or maintenance activities picks up and drops off equipment unloads and loads vehicle performs acceptance inspection and annotates equipment record. Operates a forklift in accomplishing these and other assigned duties.
(7) Manages monitors and conducts inventories of all Life Support munitions/ammunition assets forecasts time change requirements removes and installs all munitions and transports via Military/Commercial Aircraft and/or vehicles. Maintain munitions/ammunition at designated supply point locations documents appropriate accounts receives formal training required to ensure the units mission can sustain combat operations.
(8) Maintains certification and remains proficient in handling shipping storing and ordering multiple hazardous materials. Certifies handles and ships all required hazardous materials for operational contingencies on any type of military aircraft commercial aircraft and/or vehicles which directly support Aircrew Life Support Equipment. (9) Manages a comprehensive Aircrew Life Support mobility package required to sustain bare base operations under surge type conditions. Utilizes and monitors the Logistics Detail (LOGDET) Data-Base ensuring all assets are properly loaded into the system for accuracy. Performs periodic in-depth inspections. In addition the incumbent will be certified and remain current and knowledgeable on all Life Support Equipment hazards.
(10) May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire fighting aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty security guard snow removal munitions loading and handling heavy equipment operation maintenance of facilities and equipment or serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies. May serve as a voting member of the accident mishap investigation boards and prepare related reports.
(11) Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
Military Grades: E-3/A1C - E-6/TSgt GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of materials and equipment used in the line of work (helmets torso harness assemblies parachutes survival equipment). Ability to understand written instructions and to use reference materials and manuals. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 18 months experience or training which has demonstrated knowledge of aviation life support equipment? Experience reading and interpreting military manuals. Experience in supply procedures and property accountability. Experience collecting information and presenting it to various sized groups. Experience in planning a functional shop maintenance program is essential.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Air National Guard Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.