Autoclave Technician 1 2nd Shift Featured
- Brea, California
- Job ID
Autoclave Technician 1 2nd Shift job at Applied Composites in Brea CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking an Autoclave Technician1 to support production through tool preparation processing molds through cure cycles de-tooling and completion of necessary paperwork and routine maintenance. Determines proper cure procedures monitors industrial Aerospace autoclaves and ovens and related equipment.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components assemblies engineering and tooling to the aerospace defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support knowledge and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Load tools and parts into and out of industrial Aerospace autoclaves and ovens
- Maintain autoclave and oven tools (i.e.: hoses and thermocouples)
- Determine proper cure procedures for parts and tools as required
- Maintain bag leak checks during cure cycle
- Read work instructions production schedules and cure charts
- Apply appropriate chemicals and releases as required
- Remove parts from tools or mandrels and prep for lay up
- Detect errors and possible areas of improvement with the use of lean manufacturing principles
- Perform work accurately and efficiently in fast past work environment with minimal scrap or errors
- Use standard aerospace shop practices
- Operate forklift to move/load parts and tools
- Operate autoclave computer to set cure times and start/stop ovens
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced production environment with high quality requirements; example military aerospace or medical equipment highly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret company documents such as safety rules operating/manufacturing instructions policies and procedures
- Proven track record of supporting stringent deadlines and handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Good manual dexterity required to work with small parts
- Skilled problem-solver: Exercises judgment based on previous experience practices and precedents to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Effective oral and written communication
At Applied Composites we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical dental vision short and long-term disability coverage accident insurance critical illness insurance basic and supplemental life insurance employee assistance plan retirement savings and matching tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder) Political Asylee or Refugee.
Applied Composites Brea Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.