Avionics Technician Featured
- San Jose, California
- Hourly $41.00 - $49.00
- Job ID
Avionics Technician job at Archer Aviation in San Jose CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineers in the development and implementation of electromechanical systems.
- Perform on and off aircraft build up and modifications to electrical components including; wire harness fabrication, connector terminations, component removal, routing, installation, and repairs.
- Complete continuity checks, operational checks / verification and troubleshooting of various systems.
- Assist in the set up and implementation of test stations and data acquisition systems.
- Utilizes various forms of engineering and technical information such as modification drawings, wiring & schematic diagrams, engineering dispositions, part lists / kits, and ground support / test equipment.
- Develop and support continuous improvement efforts within the department.
What You Need
- 5+ years of related experience in Aerospace and/or automotive industry.
- Must have hands on experience using shop tools and calibrated aerospace tooling including torque wrenches, crimping and striping tools.
- Understanding of aircraft safety, tool control, FOD, and industry standards.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Google suite..
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly regulated environment with adaptability to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Great communication skills and a high attention detail are required
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Knowledge of IPC 610/620 & AC43.13-B.
- A&P certification.
- Experience with electric aircraft.
- Experience with high voltage wiring, batteries, and electric motor controllers.
- Aircraft configuration management and conformity experience.
Archer Aviation Company Overview
Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. We will be using these aircraft to operate a ridesharing network inside of cities to help move people around - cities like LA, Miami, and NYC. For background on the company, Archer started in 2018 and we’re based in San Jose, CA. Our CEO, Adam has been building businesses for 15 years and previously sold his last company. Tom Muniz our COO, previously ran Engineering for Wisk (an eVTOL startup backed by Larry Page), Geoff Bower our Chief Engineer was previously Chief Engineer at Airbus’ eVTOL division called Vahana, and the company is made up of top talent from SpaceX, Tesla, Airbus, and NASA. The team at Archer has over 200 years of combined eVTOL experience.