Flight Operations Specialist Featured
- Aberdeen, Maryland
- Job ID
Flight Operations Specialist job at Aso in Aberdeen MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
Akima Support Operations (ASO) provides logistics facilities maintenance and operations transportation and support services for mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies around the country. From the homes of U.S. Central Command and U.S. Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure smooth and continuous operations. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) 100% of our company s profits go back to our more than 14000 I upiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Receive and process all military flight requests for rotary and fixed wing aircraft for the installation. Submit flight requests not supported by PAAF to the Joint Air Logistics Information System (JALIS) for review/approval. Coordinate departure/arrival times of all missions with requesting agency and other pertinent organizations.
- Provide tentative crew schedules and aircraft assignments for PAAF aircraft to the Operations Officer for review and final approval. Coordinate aircraft assignments with maintenance section to ensure there is no conflict with maintenance or inspection periods. Prepare daily status of activities mission sheets mission briefing forms and passenger manifest lists.
- Maintain a 30-day update on hours flown by each pilot to monitor pilot crew rest and currency in aircraft.
- Maintain flight record folders and automated flight records (US Army Centralized Aviation Flight Records System (CAFRS)) for all assigned and staff pilots. Flight records shall be posted updated maintained and closed out in accordance with FM 3-04.300 (Flight Operations Procedures). Monitor flight physical requirements.
- Maintain Aircrew Training Manual (ATM) records for all assigned and staff pilots. ATM records shall be kept updated and maintained in accordance with the appropriate regulation and manuals and made available for review by the government. Monitor for training requirements.
- Issue Prior Permission Request (PPR) numbers for all transient aircraft incoming to PAAF. Request PPR s for all PAAF aircraft prior to performance of mission. Annotate PPR on mission briefing sheet.
- Maintain a scheduling board (current month and three months out) of all airfield operations (e.g. use of runways/ramp areas special operations etc.).
- Notify appropriate personnel of late evening/early morning missions or pre-approved airfield operations.
- Input data and maintain automated databases on flights as designated by the COR (e.g. date aircraft tail number organization flown number of hours flown etc.).
- Employee shall possess recent (within 5 years) experience in flight operations duties including US Army Centralized Aviation Flight Records System (CAFRS)
- Employee must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance and speak fluent English as a condition of employment.
- Employee must be able to obtain and maintain a weather bureau rating from the National Weather Service (certificate of authority to take weather observations).
- Employee shall possess appropriate qualification and recent experience in pertinent areas of Air Traffic Control Station Dispatch and military aviation.
- Work may require employee to operate government and privately owned motor vehicles. Employee will possess a current driver s license.
- Employee may be required to work overtime or irregular hours as required by the mission.
- Employee must be willing and able to travel on military and commercial aircraft.
- Employee must excel working in a collaborative environment that focuses on excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Employee must be a U.S. citizen and the English language is the Contract language.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties responsibilities and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement the company management reserves the right to modify add or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race color religion creed gender national origin age disability marital status protected veteran sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact Recruiting Services at ...@akima.com or 571-###-####. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Aso Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.