Director Technical Procurement Urgent
- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director Technical Procurement job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Summary: The Director Technical Procurement is responsible for the efficient and effective procurement of equipment, tools, parts, services and supplies for Aircraft operations and scheduled maintenance.
Values and Behavioral Standards: To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Provides management, guidance, and direct supervision of the technical procurement team. Ensures the team complies with the Company’s policies, systems, and procedures for purchasing control.
- Procures, sources and negotiates the acquisition of machinery, equipment, tools, material, parts, services, and/or supplies necessary for aircraft operation
- Responsible for proactively procuring f all aircraft material and tooling required for maintenance checks, aircraft modifications, special maintenance projects, line maintenance provisioning, and corrective action plans.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives. Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions.
- Monitors performance of suppliers. Tracks data to keep informed on price trends and market dynamics. Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, and maintains necessary records. May prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages
- Coordinates with internal customers to fully understand requirements from a performance, cost, and timing perspective.
- Manages and tracks material procurement to ensure an optimal balance of cost, quality, and operational needs.
- Maintenance Check material reporting responsibility:
- Ensures all aircraft material arrives 7 days prior to each heavy check, and 3 days prior to each A-Check.
- Provide detailed weekly status reports of required check material starting eight weeks prior to a heavy check induction. This report must be provided daily starting 14 days prior to induction of heavy checks and A-checks.
- The report must delineate induction material requirement by part number, date request received, date Purchase Order (PO) placed, lead time, shipment dated, and date of confirmed receipt. This report will be modified as required.
- Provide an after action report for each check. This report will be modified as required.
- Non Maintenance Check material reporting responsibility:
- Provide daily report of all outstanding material requests by part number, date request received, date PO placed, lead time, shipment dated, and date of confirmed receipt. This report will be modified as required.
- Provide monthly after action reports of all purchasing activities. This report will be modified as required.
- Ensures all applicable invoices are reviewed and approved, or formally disputed, in a timely manner to ensure the Company’s payment terms can be met. Resolves and reports on issues regarding open purchase order to ensure timely payment can be made.
- Manages and tracks shipping costs to ensure optimal methods are used to balance costs and operational needs. Provide a monthly report and analysis of all shipment activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchased material is airworthy, and has required certification documentation.
- Evaluates and tracks suppliers’ performance through objective performance measurements. Monthly reports will be provided on the measurements.
- Other Duties, As assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited College or University.
- 10+ years Procurement, Finance or Supply Chain experience in Aviation or similar, fast paced, highly technical, and safety regulated industry.
- 5+ years of supervising a team of 5 or more people.
- Strong understanding of accounting and procurement principles.
- Strong business acumen, including strong communication, presentation, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills. Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Strong project management capabilities. Detail oriented. Proven ability to lead projects to successful and timely conclusions. Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects at the same time.
- Agile decision-maker. Self-motivated, independent worker. Strong bias for action and execution oriented.
- Excellent team-building, organization and leadership skills. Team player.
- Master’s Degree from Accredited College or University
- Experience managing more than $100M in annual spend.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.