Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All Atlas Air Inc Jobs
Senior Manager Continuous Improvement
Atlas Air Inc
Salary Annual: USD
Title: Senior Manager Continuous Improvement
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Continuous Improvement
Reports To: Senior Director Continuous Improvement
Position Summary: Work with the business to identify approaches to reduce costs or generate incremental revenue by reviewing decision frameworks and by improving processes. Identify and/or validate cost reduction and revenue enhancement opportunities. Lead cross-functional teams to realize these opportunities by applying process improvement, program management and change management methodologies. Implement and support cost oversight committees and task forces focused on key spend categories to raise visibility to and optimize costs as the business model evolves. Support on-going management of processes through the development of division specific metrics.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Identify, independently or jointly with the business, cost reduction, revenue enhancement and process improvement opportunities throughout the company to improve service levels, unit cost, safety and compliance
- Analyze business data, action reviews findings, better practices and recommendations gathered from Atlas personnel and other sources for the potential to improve efficiencies
- Support the internal customers through program or project management of prioritized projects
- Provide oversight and direction to, facilitate and lead cross-functional and function specific process improvement and business initiative project teams
- Provide subject matter expertise on process improvement methodologies to project teams
- Lead projects using process improvement methodologies, tools and techniques
- Take an active leadership role in helping the business to monitor, control and manage key processes
- Development of division specific metrics to allow for efficient management of process performance.
- Monitor process performance and drive process change to improve profitability.
- Communicate results and issues to various audiences, including stakeholders, process owners and project teams
- Research, identify and implement best practices
- Recommend approaches and practices to incorporate in the Continuous Improvement Program
- Utilize change management skills and techniques in support of key company initiatives.
- 7 + years of business experience
- Preferred: 2 + years in Operations / Logistics
- Preferred: Certified in Quality Methodologies
- Preferred: Quality Consultant or Black Belt
- Preferred: Minimum of 12 months in current position (if internal)
- College Degree (BA/BS), preferably with concentrations in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering
- Advanced Degree (Preferred)
- Proven track record of analyzing workflows and data, with a bias to eliminating waste
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project)
- Proven track record of successfully leading teams
- Proven ability to lead projects to successful and timely conclusions
- Proven track record of change and innovation in current role
- Proven ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and lead multiple projects at the same time
- Poised, self-confident, tenacious and flexible
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Senior Manager Continuous Improvement job at Atlas Air Inc
Apply for this Senior Manager Continuous Improvement position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!