FBO Manager Urgent
- Danville, Virginia
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
FBO Manager job at Averett University in Danville VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Since 1859, Averett University has grown and developed into a dynamic institution that serves students of all ages, offering more than 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, along with five graduate programs with a number of concentrations. Dedicated to preparing students to serve and lead as catalysts for positive change, the University's historic main campus is embedded in the heart of Southern Virginia with regional campuses throughout Virginia and online. Averett enrolls a diverse student body, and boasts an alumni network that spans the globe.
This supervisor position has responsibility for management of the Averett University operated FBO at Danville Regional Airport. The manager oversees all aspects of FBO administration, services and business development. Specifically, manages, coordinates and supervises a wide variety of aviation and aircraft support service operations for aircrews, passengers, airport tenants, and others using airport facilities. Directs, manages and plans FBO business and marketing operations. The position requires exceptional leadership, communication and organizational skills to create a professional organization delivering the highest level of customer service to business, commercial, government and recreational aviation customers.
- Serves as primary liaison in matters related to the airport community. The General Manager will promote a positive team environment to better serve our customers.
- Establish a culture that promotes customer loyalty by creating an environment of increased employee engagement
- Regularly interact with customers to promote the FBO and to measure the level of customer satisfaction.
- Use customer feedback to constantly develop and improve capabilities and processes.
- Works with the CFO or his designee to develop and maintain long and short-range planning initiatives, assisting in the formulation and execution of policies;
- Submit monthly financial and operations reports to CFO.
- Selects and supervises staff; prioritizes, assigns and evaluates the work of staff; provides training, and technical guidance.
- Establishes a culture of safety and quality in line services, security, customer service, environmental sustainability, facility maintenance.
- Maintains quality control and inventory of all fuels and properly maintained equipment. Maintains all service records.
- Ensures practices and procedures are adopted to maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepares a yearly budget of FBO.
- Handles ordering of fuels, oil and parts; Serves as primary contact with fuel vendor.
- Sets prices of FBO products and services.
- Assists in preparation and implementation of fuel contracts.
- Oversees all security aspects of the facility.
- Miscellaneous maintenance duties as needed.
- Serves as the principal contact on airport matters with the Airport Manager for the City of Danville
- Develops or cause to be developed marketing strategies that increase airport utilization, revenue and visibility in the community including conducting periodic focus group activities to get any updates on needs and demands of the FBO.
- Uses multiple social media marketing strategies to promote the FBO throughout the industry.
- Monitors market conditions, industry trends, identifies and promotes new growth and service opportunities.
- Maintains regular interaction/meetings with based aviation tenants and addresses service and facility needs appropriately to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Serves as the representative for Averett University and provides periodic updates on airport activity with the Airport Commission as appropriate.
- Available to attend FBO and airport related conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinates with the Averett University Aviation and Business programs on establishment of new academic program initiatives including internships and related work learning experiences.
- Develops and manages an aggressive camp and training program for individuals in the region that are interested in aviation careers.
- Assist line attendants as needed to provide exceptional customer service.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws, regulations and policies applicable to the structure, functions, programs and practices affecting FBO operations, services and activities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to prepare financial/operations reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and software applications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and the general public.
- Skill in effectively supervising, leading and delegating tasks and authority.
- Skill in working independently or as a team member.
Travel and ADA requirements
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crouch, talk or hear, reach with hands or arms, grasp, pull and lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to work in high or precarious places and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will have exposure to outdoor weather conditions and loud noises.
Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) years management experience preferred. A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience is required. Knowledge of aviation preferred. FBO management experience is a plus.
- Passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal back ground check is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and web based applications.
Submit Letter of Interest, Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and 3 Professional References to:
Selection Committee, Flight Center, Averett University, 420 West Main St., Danville, Virginia 24541
- Background checks are required for all positions.
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
- Averett University’s policies, programs and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status.
- Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Averett University Company Overview
Few professions require more responsibility and technical knowledge than aviation. Whether you are interested in training to become a pilot or preparing for management roles in the industry, Averett University has the aviation degree program for you. We offer a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Management with two concentration options: Aviation Business, and Flight Operations. If you are interested in a law enforcement-related aviation career, you can also earn a joint Aerospace Management/Criminal Justice degree.