- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Annual Salary $45,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Job ID
AP Instructor job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Las Vegas NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
At the Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM), we train more FAA licensed aircraft mechanics than anyone else in the world. By joining us you’ll have the opportunity to teach and train tomorrow’s technicians. Our schools have close relationships with airlines such as American, Delta, United, Republic, Allegiant, and others, in addition to smaller airlines and MRO’s. AIM is the largest family of FAA approved Part 147 aviation maintenance schools, and we are seeking instructors with creative and outgoing personalities to train young students for America’s aviation industry. For more information, visit our webpage at http://www.AviationMaintenance.edu/
- This position is at our Las Vegas, NV campus
- Teach classes on a regularly scheduled basis, as assigned
- Maintain and deliver an already approved FAA syllabus
- Day-by-day would include 60% work in the hangars and 40% work in the classroom setting
- Instructors are hourly employees and might be requested to occasionally work flexible hours, but they then will normally not exceed 40 hours per week or paid overtime
- Actively utilize proven student retention techniques designed by the school
- Notify Program Coordinator of any current or potential problems which warrant attention
- Attend in service training seminars, as required
- Complete performance based teacher education modules as assigned by the Program Coordinator, or as needed based on outcomes of classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and student completed surveys
- Assist Program Coordinator in maintaining equipment used by the student
- Assist Program Coordinator in development of curriculum related course materials and training aids
Qualifications & Competencies
- Must have an FAA A&P or Airframe or Powerplant License.
- Must have 3 or more years of hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance (special considerations will be given for more diverse experience). We will consider Veterans and applicants with 3 years aircraft maintenance experience without an FAA License.
- We currently have local and national openings for A&P Maintenance Instructors to help teach our growing groups of students.
- Prefer an outgoing personality with good communication skills and the ability to instruct students in this field of study.
- Prefer prior instructional experience.
Benefits for Full-time Instructors:
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of annual vacation plus holidays and paid time off
- Educational Assistance
If you meet the above TWO MUST requirements, pick up the telephone and call V. Donahue at (407) 896-2800. I will explain the position to you, answer any pertinent questions you may have, as this will be a telephone interview before scheduling your first in person interview at our campus. If I am away from my desk and unable to answer your call, then email your resume to my address:
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.