Tool Room Clerk Urgent
- Teterboro, New Jersey
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Tool Room Clerk job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Teterboro NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful career? Then it is time to take your years of knowledge and experience and TRAIN TOMORROW’S TECHNICIANS at the Teterboro School of Aeronautics in Teterboro, NJ!
Teterboro School of Aeronautics, first established in 1947, has now joined the largest family of FAA approved Part 147 aviation maintenance schools in the country, the Aviation Institute of Maintenance! AIM trains more FAA licensed aircraft mechanics than anyone else in the world and is excited for the new venture in New Jersey! For the past 25 years, we have expanded to over a dozen campuses throughout the country and we are continuing to broaden our horizons! Our schools have close relationships with airlines such as Delta, United, Republic, and others, in addition to smaller airlines and MRO’s.
At TSA we are committed to the training and personal enrichment of each student. We are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals for our schools, and currently have an opening for a Tool Room Clerk to work at our Teterboro, NJ campus.
- Assemble and issue tools and materials required for class projects. Keep records of what was issued and returned.
- Generate a “Lost Tool Report” to record any tools that were not returned during that.
- Maintain a tool inspection and safety program to ensure that all tools issued are safe for use.
- Maintain control over all broken tools, and report as appropriate,
- Maintain an inspection and calibration program for all precision measuring devices and other tools requiring calibration. This activity may include SimCal (simulated calibration) system for tools used exclusively for class projects, but not used on live aircraft.
- Perform routine maintenance, and required calibration, on training equipment to ensure safety and proper operation. Maintain records of calibration and maintenance.
- Performs minor facilities maintenance as required.
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of annual vacation plus holidays and paid time off
- Educational Assistance
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- MUST have a High School Diploma or GED, or equitable on-the-job experience.
- MUST have at least three years in a position requiring use of hand tools and equipment, similar to that found in an aircraft repair shop.
- Basic Computer skills (Microsoft Word, outlook, Excel)
- Facilities maintenance experience is a plus.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.