Machine Shop General Manager Aerospace Featured
- Ronkonkoma, New York
- Job ID
Machine Shop General Manager Aerospace job at Aviation Structure Repairs in Ronkonkoma NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are looking for a hands-on Machine Shop General Manager with experience leading in an Aerospace manufacturing/machine shop type of environment. This individual will manage a team of CNC machinists and support personnel.
Ideally this individual has a background in the aerospace or related industry.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE PLACEMENT
The General Manager will:
- Consistently drive a culture of high performance and quality by establishing measuring and managing objectives.
- Manage the facilitys budget and continually drive improvement. Able to provide a detailed corrective action plan to resolve misses.
- Work with the sales team in the development of monthly forecasting to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Continuous improvement by applying lean principles tools and techniques achieving a sustained practice and culture of Lean Manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Implement a safety process that includes monthly inspections and resolving identified risk/hazards promptly.
- Oversight of special projects within the facility.
General Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Industrial Management Engineering or equivalent field of study is highly desired OR eight years leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a leadership role within aerospace manufacturing.
- Highly preferred is a background within the aerospace industry.
- Strong organizational planning project management problem resolution communication facilitation and influencing skills required.
- Participation in the Health Dental Vision and Life Insurance company plan.
- Many more benefits will be discussed when an offer is extended.
- This is a direct-hire permanent role
Powered by JazzHR
Aviation Structure Repairs Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.