Aircraft Mechanic Urgent
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic job at Aviation Technical Services in Kansas City MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
ATS, founded in 1970 is a leader in the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul industry on the West Coast. Headquartered in Everett, Washington, ATS has over 1.2 million square feet of aviation maintenance facilities with additional operations in Moses Lake, Washington; Kansas City, Missouri; and Fort Worth, Texas. ATS provides seamless support for military, commercial and regional aircraft operators – including airframe maintenance, component repair, engineering support, fuselage painting, and business jet services.
We are looking for Aircraft Mechanics to join our team! In this position you will be working directly on servicing, repairing and overhauling aircraft to insure airworthiness.
We are looking for Airframe, Flight Control, System and Interior Mechanics.
Please submit your application and join a team of mechanics making a difference in the Aviation Industry at www.atsmro.com/careers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (General):
- Service and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness.
- Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
- Develop repair schemes utilizing SRM or Engineering data
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
- Conduct operational tests.
- Help with general clean-up of work area.
- Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Airframe and/or Powerplant License preferred, and level of skill customarily acquired after 18 to 24 months in the ATS Apprenticeship Program, or three years of related commercial / military aircraft experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to move or lift 25 – 50 pounds
- This role may require you to balance, bend, climb, crawl, reach, sit, stoop, twist, walk; use their hands, fingers, and arms; talk and hear; and focus on objects up close.
- Other requirements per actual job description
About us: ATS operates on a 24/7 schedule, shifts can vary from days to nights, weekdays to weekends and usually holidays. Normal warehouse conditions generally prevail, and the noise level is usually moderate. However, team members may be assigned to maintenance areas where there may be occasional high noise exposure. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, open area or outside. Flooring may be carpeted bare, and potentially uneven surfaces.
Pay and Benefits: Aviation Technical Services values our partners and what they bring to the company in pursuit of a common goal, offering competitive wages and a Comprehensive Benefit Plan which covers Health/Vision/Dental/Life/Wellness. We also offer a unique package of Vacation / Sick Leave called PTO (Paid Time Off), which allows our employees to use accrued time for whatever they need, in addition to 64 hours of holiday pay.
Partners are eligible the first of the month following their date of hire to participate in our 401(k). The company will match 50% of the first 6% of your contribution.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
Aviation Technical Services Company Overview
Aviation Technical Services (ATS) has been providing maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for commercial and military aircraft for more than 45 years. Today, ATS is home to more than 1,500 employees who work together to support a global customer base across four major business platforms: Airframe Services; Components Services; Engineering Services; and Alternate Solutions. ATS is headquartered in Everett, Washington, and has expanded operations to Moses Lake, Washington, Kansas City, Missouri, and Fort Worth, Texas. Operating as one company and holding FAA Class IV and EASA 145 certifications, ATS is able to work on virtually any transport aircraft in the world. In 2016, ATS was named Aviation Week’s MRO of the Year. For more information, visit atsmro.com.