Engineer Senior Mission System Integration Hot
- Broomfield, Colorado
- Job ID
Engineer Senior Mission System Integration job at Ball Aerospace in Broomfield CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Company: Ball Aerospace
Broomfield CO US 80020
Date: Feb 10 2021
Job Category: Engineering/ Technical
Req. ID: 7209
Clearance Requirement: A current active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions enable more accurate weather forecasts drive insightful observations of our planet deliver actionable data and intelligence and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn Facebook Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers missions. Our collaborative cross-functional teams are committed to innovation integrity continual learning and strong execution.
Member of the Mission System Integration Team with responsibilities to validate the Collection Segment prior to launch with continued mission integration activities post-launch for mission capability enhancements.
What You ll Do:
- Develop release and maintain the SV to ground ICD and all ICDs with external interfaces.
- Provide support to development of the mission CONOPS and functional baseline.
- Define simulator requirements and use-cases to support Collection Segment and Mission Integration and Test activities.
- Work closely with the verification lead to develop the mission level verification plan.
- Develop and implement the Mission Test Plan and Mission-level Test Procedures.
- Ensure all simulator GSE network interfaces and other resources are identified and in place to support mission level testing.
- Lead mission-level test activities. These tests include but not limited to end-to-end data verification space to ground compatibility and mission scenario testing.
- Provide support for operations and launch rehearsal development and execution.
- Provide planning and execution of continuous Mission System Integrations activities post-launch due to issue resolution space vehicle software updates ground system updates and operations updates.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department the Strategic Business Units Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree i.e. Master s Degree or Ph.D. may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university college or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education US Department of Education.
- Experience with mission operations.
- Experience with mission integration pre-launch and post-launch.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills strong presentation skills proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to effectively lead group discussions ability to set priorities and delegate as required to meet all objectives.
- A TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) - CAM experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office laboratory production floor or clean room outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126500 - $159500 (Salary to be determined by the education experience knowledge skills and abilities of the applicant internal equity and alignment with market data.)
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity national origin age protected veteran status or disability status.
Ball Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.