Operator Furnace B First Shift Hot
- West Chester, Ohio
- Job ID
Operator Furnace B First Shift job at Barnes Group in West Chester OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Barnes Aerospace West Chester MRO is seeking a Furnace Operator. In this role you will set up and operate multiple furnaces using the tooling and fixtures specified on the Op Sheet to produce parts meeting customer specifications. This position requires considerable attention to detail to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Must be an individual that upholds employees health and safety above all else.
- Complete daily safety checklist to ensure system compliance.
- Risk of exposure to highly dangerous chemicals. Individual selected will be a part of our Respirator Protection Program and will potentially have to use a full-face respirator prior to testing.
- Ability to operate and maintain vacuum systems cooling systems Avena/Wonderware HMI Software to monitor and control temperature pressure chemical flow rates and gas flow rates that are tied to critical process parameters.
- Prior experience and training in AMS 2750E.
- Must be able to operate multiple furnaces and monitor job progress as it is running.
- Enhanced understanding and the ability to problem solve issues that may occur with machinery and/or material is preferred. Ability to learn and process complex specifications and control procedures.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools including grinders belt sanders and grit blasters.
- Ability to read interpret and understand part routing operation sheets engineering drawings and other documents.
- Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail and have the capacity to handle multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressures while following direction and completing assignments accurately and on time.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to plan and perform difficult work processes.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively.
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment.
- Maintain implement and improve 6S standards.
- Review Production Board to determine jobs to be run and pull the necessary OP Sheets to run parts.
- Load and position material (parts) onto trees as specified on the OP Sheet.
- Perform all activities necessary to select and regulate furnace temperatures for specific jobs.
- Use furnace software (Wonderware) to monitor furnace temperatures during the run to spot process deviations.
- Once furnace run is complete and furnace has cooled to proper temperature unload parts and send to/perform the next operation.
- Perform all required TPM required for the furnaces scrubbers and gas cylinders as required.
- Complete all paperwork pertaining to jobs run as required.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Overhead Crane Certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years of a strong vacuum heat treat retort or muffle furnace experience preferably in Aerospace
- Should possess the ability to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to train others on processes and make corrections on complex issues.
Must possess good verbal communication skills to effectively communicate instructions concepts and solutions to all levels of employees suppliers and customers.
Use considerable initiative to plan and perform unusual and difficult work processes to achieve outcomes.
Excellent analytical reasoning problem solving and organizational skills.
Must be able to schedule and organize time effectively to satisfactorily complete assigned tasks and functions.
Ability to pay attention to detail and handle multiple tasks effectively while completing assignments accurately and on time.
Days/Hours : Monday -Thursday 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Barnes Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.