Senior Barnes Aerospace Health Safety Environmental Affairs Manager Hot
- Windsor, Connecticut
- Job ID
Senior Barnes Aerospace Health Safety Environmental Affairs Manager job at Barnes Group in Windsor CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Barnes Aerospace is seeking a Senior Health Safety and Environmental Affairs (HSE) Manager to provide leadership and direction in health and safety environmental protection effective risk management loss control regulatory compliance and sustainability to its aerospace manufacturing sites. As the HSE SBU leader the ideal candidate will be a self-directed leader and change agent who can influence across multiple disciplines excels in creative thinking and innovation and is action oriented to drive best in class HSE policies and programs throughout OEM and MRO. The right candidate will engage and partner with BA leadership to ensure our HSE performance consistently meets customer regulatory and corporate standards and expectations with a focus on obtaining optimal results through progressive health and safety efforts. If you are a career-minded results-oriented leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment you are encouraged to submit your name for consideration
- Engage with the BA leadership team; provide risk-based technical advice and counsel to BA leaders and Division Managers on HSE matters.
- Partner with Division Managers to address HSE challenges facing the businesses and achieve HSE excellence; provide guidance on proactive risk mitigation trends corrective actions and loss rates.
- Champion proactive HSE initiatives that engage employees drive safe behavior and mitigate risk. Adapt human and organizational performance (HOP) concepts and principles into practical tools that leverage those concepts to improve the effectiveness of HSE programs.
- Implement and sustain HSE management system across BA consistent with BGI corporate policy and standards. Partner with operations and lead by example creating a sustainable culture focused on protecting employees and the environment.
- Develop and implement value-added HSE initiatives that provide effective risk management and control reduce our environmental footprint and maintain regulatory compliance for all BA locations. Promote continuous improvement and identify and share best practices across BA and BGI.
- Partner with Operations in establishing plans for the mitigation of risk reduction of injuries and incidents achievement of environmental and sustainability goals to ensure regulatory compliance and to continuously improve the HSE management system.
- Lead mentor and develop BA HSE managers and dedicated resources. Empower team members with a managerial style that is collaborative positive inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments.
- Provide direct support to BA facilities including assisting in investigating workplace HSE incidents to determine root cause identifying and implementing corrective actions that address systemic deficiencies and will prevent recurrence.
- Ensure BA policies practices procedures and facilities comply with all applicable health safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Serve as a lead auditor for the BGI HSE Corporate audit program as assigned. Conduct audits in accordance with the BGI HSE standard protocol in order to provide ongoing evaluation of HSE management system effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with the BGI HSE Director and Communications to report BA performance in the annual ESG / Corporate Social Responsibility report.
- Minimum of 15 years of HSE experience with 10+ years of practical HSE experience in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrated success managing health safety and environmental affairs across multiple sites and HSE technical aptitude essential.
- Expert ability to identify and evaluate hazards and recommend appropriate system-level control measures to mitigate risk and drive sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in HSE management systems and process improvement required. Experience with plant startups desired.
- Ability to see and communicate how HSE quality and productivity are interrelated and how improving HSE can benefit the business
- Familiarity with and ability to teach human and organizational performance (HOP) concepts to operations and other functions in simple language.
- Develops effective working relationships which foster integrity trust and respect. Ability to build relationships and engage all levels within the organization and with external constituencies.
- Possesses skill set to negotiate persuasively and influence results through others and coach/mentor line organization to drive proactive safety culture and sustainable business processes and practices.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions while driving detailed implementation plans with defined performance milestones or metrics.
- Impeccable integrity. Superior interpersonal skills; Ability to facilitate and manage change effectively.
- Strong leadership and people engagement skills; leads by example and manages using leadership effectiveness (EI). Minimum of five (10) years management experience required including managing multiple sites.
- Ability and readiness to travel (40-60%) both domestic and international
- BS degree required. Degree in Occupational Safety Safety or Environmental Engineering or related discipline preferred. MS or MBA preferred.
Please apply for the position via our Careers Website at www.BGInc.com click on careers search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc. career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop improve and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Barnes Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.