Polymerics Technician Featured
- Lafayette, Colorado
- Job ID
Polymerics Technician job at Blue Canyon Technologies in Lafayette CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Blue Canyon Technologies is a leading provider of turnkey small satellite solutions including nanosatellites microsatellites and ESPA-class. We specialize in precision pointing platforms based upon our high-performance attitude determination and control components. BCT s highly experienced staff has developed low-cost flight-proven high-performance high-reliability spacecraft systems and components that enable a wide range of missions for academic commercial and government applications. Our state-of-the-art spacecraft and subsystems are supporting LEO GEO Lunar and interplanetary missions.
Blue Canyon Technologies is looking for a Polymerics Technician to join our growing team. This is a full-time position with excellent company paid benefits. Blue Canyon Technologies offers company paid health dental and vision benefits (for you and your dependents) generous PTO and 401 k programs.
Title: Polymerics Technician
Position Type: Full Time-non-exempt
Pay Range: $22.00 - $38.00 (salary to be determined by education experience knowledge and skills)
Location: Lafayette CO / Boulder CO
- 100% company paid health dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a 6% contribution
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays 2 weeks of sick time 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave
- Break rooms stocked with snacks drinks expresso machines and ping pong tables.
- Handle mix and freeze epoxies staking compounds and solvents
- Apply staking compounds to stake electronic components on PWA/PWB s
- Apply conformal coat on to complex electronic assemblies on PWA/PWB s
- Ability to interpret and work to engineering drawings
- Ability to use magnification aids (microscopes eye loupes etc.)
- Work on small precision assemblies work with small tools underneath a microscope handle delicate parts
- Identify non-conforming parts or workmanship during the staking and coating process
- Maintain lab cleanliness inventory materials and order as required
- Collect and record process data maintain Assembly instructions
- Monitor work area to ensure compliance with standards and specifications
- Perform other duties assisting with polymerics as required by management
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Production Department
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Cross train in multiple areas of specialty
- Provide input for continuous process improvement develop more refined ways of assembling parts and products
- Perform tasks with a high level of integrity
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 5 years experience working in an aerospace production environment
- Excellent manual dexterity ability to handle small parts
- Possess strong problem solving and communication abilities
- Familiarity with small tools used for hand held assembly
- High standard workmanship is a must
- Preferred Proficient and/or certified to the NASA 8739.1 STD/IPC J-STD-001F
- High School diploma or equivalent
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as microscopes and various hand-held tools. This job operates in a professional office environment but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers phones photocopiers scanners filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand bend reach and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision distance vision color vision and ability to adjust focus.
All employees of BCT possessing or attempting to gain government clearance will be required to successfully pass a drug test.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation national origin age disability marital status veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment its services programs and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation contact Cathy Juntunen at 720-###-#### or ...@bluecanyontech.com.
Blue Canyon Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.