Experienced C 17 Repair and Modification Technician Featured
- Joint Base Lewis Mcchord, Washington
- Job ID
Experienced C 17 Repair and Modification Technician job at Boeing in Joint Base Lewis McChord WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for an Experienced C-17 Product Repair/Modifications Technician in direct support of C-17 Globemaster III Integrated Sustainment Program within Boeing Global Services. The position is located at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
- Assemble, disassemble and/or modify systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results)
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Oversees training
- Works under general direction
- Must be able to pass Ground Operations Personnel (GOP) and air respirator medical physicals and maintain qualification/certification
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Aninterimand/orfinalU.S.SecretClearancePost-Startisrequired.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be willing and capable of travel both domestically and internationally 50% – with short notice and for extended periods, anywhere in the world and for potentially extended periods of time. (Must obtain and possess current passport)
- Must be able enter in confined spaces with an entry opening of 10"X18”
- Minimum of 3 years experience working from heights & using fall protection equipment with weight limitations of 225lb or lower.
- 3+ years experience having the ability to read, understand, and interpret basic engineering drawings and technical specifications
- 3+ years experience in detecting hazardous working conditions and safety problems via a regular check of equipment and work area
- 3+ years experience in repair, maintenance, and retrofit processes and practices
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prefer knowledge of live aircraft operations, environment and support, including pneumatic, hydraulic, structural, electrical, and propulsion systems operations.
- Minimum 3 years C-17 platform experience preferred
- Ability to read, interprets and understand C-17 blueprints and USAF Technical Orders.
- Prefer multi-system operations, maintenance and repair experience including pneumatic, hydraulic, structural, electrical, and propulsion systems
- Experience with aircraft recovery operations a plus.
- Ability to work safely within complicated schedules and establish criteria and work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, or service
- Must be capable and willing to perform in fuel tank maintenance and repair – will be required to pass wing tank entry ring fit test (10X18 oval opening)
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.).
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is for Shift 2
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.