Materials Management Spec B Featured
- Kent, Washington
- Job ID
Materials Management Spec B job at Boeing in Kent WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Commercial Airlines & Defense, Space is seeking a Materials Management Specialist B to work with other Material Management Specialist to ensure that the shop, shop personnel, tool rooms and other customers are supplied with tools, equipment and supplies.
- Employees will handle aircraft parts, tools and related hardware in receiving areas and ensure that the shop, tool rooms and other customers are supplied with tools, equipment and supplies.
- Employee will receive, sort, store, kit, inventory, issue, release, route, locate, coordinate, prepare and move materials (such as: raw materials, tools/tooling, parts, drawings, equipment/support equipment supplies, surplus property, and hazardous materials and waste) for one or more assigned.
- Support schedule revisions by coordinating the movement of all materials as required. Perform unloading of all vehicles, or other material movement devices as required. Check materials with identification on orders and facilitate the correction of discrepancies according to processes and procedures.
- Accumulate and maintain accountability records and/or reports, relay availability and status for all materials processed. Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to move material. Perform all tasks involved in ordering, receiving, recording, storing, checking, issuing, shipping and releasing of tools, shop supplies, materials, machine accessories, special tools, tooling and support equipment.
- Perform tasks that require knowledge and understanding of the terminology related to the tools and equipment in stock. Establish and adjust minimum and maximum requirements for tools and supplies. Set up inventory recording and control systems.
- The physical demands and potential hazards described here are typical of those that may be encountered in this job. Eye, hearing, hand and foot protection, fall protection, as required. Requires frequent lifting up to 35 lbs. Frequent standing, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering. May require bending, kneeling, crouching, squatting.
- Exposure to aluminum, steel, plastics, fiberglass, graphite composites. Exposure to radioactive signs, explosives, and other hazardous materials. Exposure to lubricants, solvents, wood splinters and saw dust. Use of potentially dangerous tools such as pneumatic nailguns and staplers, power saws, knives and band cutters.
- May require working from high places. Additional Tasks Duties and Responsibilities: Identify improvements for processes and procedures as needed. Operate typical shop equipment to provide movement of all materials. Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned task.
- Familiarize other employees with functions, methods, procedures, etc., by passing on information and answering questions. Use power or hand operated cutting tools and equipment for cutting material to requisition size. Check hardware and tools for visible damage and route broken, worn, or obsolete hardware and tools to proper authority for disposition.
- Accumulate and relay availability and status for all materials processed. Open containers; identify, weigh and count contents and verify quality acceptance of incoming hardware. Upon receival, check items for identification and damage. Re-load trucks as required.
- Prepare items for shipment, along with appropriate coordination and documentation, for flyaway, remote kits, grief resolution and vendor pickup. Inspect content of and clear tool boxes, issue hold out notices as required.
- Clean oxygen hand tools, store and issue fasteners, etc., in accordance with established procedures. Kit, re-label, repackage, machine and/or hand mix sealant, paints, adhesives, lubricants, solvents as required under the direction of a higher grade employee. Dress tool grinder wheels, cut off drills and reamers, etc.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- 3+ years of Inventory Management Experience.
- Must have strong communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience with Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with Materials Management.
- Experience in shipping and receiving.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position includes both multiple work shifts 1 through 3 and multiple locations such as Everett, Seattle, Tukwila, Renton, Auburn, Frederickson, Kent, Mukilteo, & Puyallup, WA.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Bonus amount: US dollars (USD) $1,500
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.