Senior Contracts Lead Hot
- Brisbane, Queensland Australia
- Job ID
Senior Contracts Lead job at Boeing in Brisbane Queensland
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
You will apply your extensive contracting knowledge, negotiation skills and leadership attributes to support significant BDA campaigns. You will also mentor and guide other Contracts Team staff in the efficient and effective delivery of contracting activities throughout the BDA business. This role is based in either Brisbane, Williamtown or Adelaide.
- Ensuring that contractual requirements of campaigns are negotiated and delivered within the policies, procedures and requirements of the company
- Providing subject matter expertise in, and support to customer negotiations, including leading negotiation of contractual matters on behalf of the company
- Providing guidance and advice to contract staff and other Boeing stakeholders to ensure that contractual and legal requirements are adequately understood and communicated
- Providing general technical oversight, leadership and mentoring to the Contracts team to maximise opportunities and minimise contractual/business risks
- Acting as an interface to the Boeing Law Department, Treasury and other Boeing agencies as required
- Minimum of 6 years experience in leading contract negotiations and complex contracting activities
- Strong understanding of general contracting principles and the application of relevant techniques
- Experience developing and integrating key Contractual artefacts including negotiation templates, formal correspondence and deliverable artifacts
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage, influence and negotiate at all levels with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Experience in supporting campaigns and projects in an ASDEFCON contract environment highly regarded
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us
- Flexible working options including WFH up to 3 days / week
- Study assistance
- Global opportunities in the Boeing Company
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. This role is categorised as Group 1 under the Boeing Australia COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Controls Policy
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.