Senior Business Development Representative Transport & Tanker Featured
- St Louis, Missouri
- Job ID
Senior Business Development Representative Transport Tanker job at Boeing in St Louis MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior Business Development Representative to support Transport & Tanker Product Support. Searching for a motivated, self-starter and team player familiar with Boeing transport and/or tanker aircraft acquisition, operations, maintenance, logistics and/or training. We need you to bring your experience, skills, initiative and drive to this key senior Business Development role within Boeing Global Services. You will be responsible for aftermarket sales and marketing activities as well as driving digital tools and innovation to these platforms. You will be integral in connecting customers with product support solutions that help deliver the capability and readiness our nation needs.
- Lead development of solutions to current and future customer needs and articulate the Boeing Value in a clear and succinct manner
- Oversee Customer Relationship Management, understand customer needs and decision process, and ensure customer satisfaction in support of future sales
- Drive aftermarket sales to include training, modifications and upgrades, spares & repairs, maintenance services, digital innovation, etc
- Apply functional excellence processes and tools to organize, build and manage large sales teams to win new
- Work closely with Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Supplier Management, and other departments to create and capture new business opportunities
- Travel should be anticipated in order to build strong customer relationships and a strong industry network
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 10+ years of experience in the acquisition, operation, training, maintenance, or execution environment with the United States Air Force (USAF) mobility/tanker fleets (uniformed or civilian)
- Experience building, developing and maintaining close customer relationships.
- 10+ years of experience in cross-functional leadership, collaborative problem solving, building lasting relationships & proficiency in written and verbal communication
- 5+ years of successful direct and/or indirect team leadership experience delivering results.
- Demonstrated success in leading complex projects including implementing innovative solutions to project impediments
Preferred Qualifications(Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of direct experience in the acquisition, operation or execution with US Air Force Airlift and/or refueling platforms
- Sales & Marketing / Business Development training and experience applicable to defense contracts, including, but not limited to capture training and proposal writing / proposal management training
- Experience developing and executing sales strategies, new business Capture Plans and Customer Contact Plans, as well as developing and presenting briefings to customers
- Demonstrated skills to conduct and/or coordinate business opportunity assessment, win strategy development, market research, competitive intelligence, and promotional marketing efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- An active Secret Clearance is preferred
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD +9 years related work experience, Master +12 years related work experience, 18 years related work experience, etc.)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.