Inspector Tooling and Machined Parts B
- Puget Sound Region, Washington
- Job ID
Inspector Tooling and Machined Parts B job at Boeing in Puget Sound Region WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an exciting opportunity for an Inspector Tooling and Machined Parts B to join our team in the Puget Sound region.
- Perform inspection and/or process monitoring of tool fabrication processes.
- Validate the assembly of tool components meet alignment, fit, hookup, adjustment, identification, and location of associated component parts, equipment and assemblies conform to tooling/engineering drawings, specifications, diagrams, documents and quality standards.
- Identify, investigate, and document nonconformance of materials, hardware, tools, tool assemblies or portions thereof, according to specification, processes and procedures utilizing appropriate computing applications.
- Perform audit/surveillance of tool fabrication processes, according to documented specifications, process and procedures.
- Communicate with shop personnel and fellow tooling inspectors on assigned shift and at shift change.
- Perform inspection to tool fabrication order, check on-line systems for status of the next job to be worked or in-process inspection.
- Obtain the applicable tool drawings, engineering drawing, Model Based Definition information and specifications to perform task.
- Perform various tests or measurements, and verify the shop has performed tests and built tool per the applicable drawing, specifications and procedures.
- Select and/or set up the appropriate measuring instruments.
- Screen paperwork/on-line system fabrication order and review the completed job and inspect workmanship.
- Ensure all parts/assemblies have been assembled per the tool drawing, specification and fabrication order.
- Indicate Tooling Quality Acceptance on the appropriate paperwork and/or on-line systems and process the paperwork/systems as required per appropriate procedures and policies.
- Investigate and clear nonconformance reports associated with tool manufacturing process as required per process.
- Verify record and re-inspect removals/reinstallations /rework of tooling components, as required.
- Contact team leader/supervisor when assistance is needed.
- Verify tool number, serial number drawing revision information matches paperwork/online system.
- Verify all paperwork/online instruction (e.g., manufacturing order, applicable drawings, specifications, nonconformance items and any other necessary documents) is complete and accurate.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings, Engineering Changes, specifications and other documents are being used by the shop and inspection.
- Ensure that the tools used by the shop to fabricate parts have been approved by tooling inspection.
- Verify certifications of tools, equipment.
- Interface with other organizations to provide clarification and/or information.
- Handle, use and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- This position requires use (8rs/day) of feet/eye/ear protection required.
- Occasional performance of tasks (1-3 hrs/day) related to flexion/extension, handling, lifting less than 25 lbs, and sitting, walking, and standing required.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. • 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- 1+ years of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design)
- Must have experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8 hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per day; squat and kneel
- Must be able to complete Fall Protection Training
- 1+ years of experience using software applications for internet navigation, email, Microsoft Suite and/or other specialized computer applications
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- High School graduate or GED preferred
- 1+ years of experience calibrating and/or using coordinate measurement machines, laser trackers, and/or optical measurement devices
- 1+ years of experience in setting and using precision measuring tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial indicators
- Experience inspecting welds / welds certification
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.