Lead Communications Subsystem Engineer Featured
- El Segundo, California
- Job ID
Lead Communications Subsystem Engineer job at Boeing in El Segundo CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security seeks an Lead Communications Subsystem Engineer to support the Space and Launch organization.
The Lead (P4) RF/Digital Communications Subsystem Engineer will have an excellent opportunity to experience and contribute to the entire development lifecycle while supporting projects for classified Boeing products. The team works collaboratively with engineers at other Boeing sites and suppliers to develop and integrate space capabilities.
Working primarily out of Seal Beach, CA, team members have the option to work part time out of El Segundo, CA. The Lead Communications Subsystem Engineer will have the opportunity to work on exciting Communication System projects, based on the hired engineer’s skillsets. Engineers will work on non-recurring engineering with a strong focus on design.
- Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at Seal Beach, CA and optionally, part-time at El Segundo, CA.
Travel may be required up to 5% of the time; Domestically and/or Internationally depending on business needs.
This position requires an active Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 3 or more years of systems engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience in RF hardware design
- Experience in Digital circuit design
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Prior Aerospace experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.