H 47 Entry Level Electrical Systems Design Engineer Featured
- Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
H 47 Entry Level Electrical Systems Design Engineer job at Boeing in Ridley Park PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS), H-47 Vertical Lift, has an immediate need for an Entry Level Electrical Systems Design Engineer, in Ridley Park, PA. The Vertical Lift organization is seeking an entry level Electrical Design Engineer. The successful candidate will work on a diverse team of engineers responsible for full life-cycle Electrical System Design. Primary aircraft supported is the H-47 Chinook, with additional projects spanning across the Boeing portfolio.
This position is based in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania – approximately 10 miles outside of Philadelphia. We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at he listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors Masters, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry by June 2022
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experienced in the design, and testing of electrical hardware and wiring
- Experience with software engineering and/or electrical engineering
- Experience using analytical, collaboration, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with the Mentor Graphics Capital tool.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.