Field Service Representative Commercial, Korea Featured
- , Seoul South Korea
- Job ID
Field Service Representative Commercial Korea job at Boeing in Seoul
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea is seeking for a Field Service Representative - Commercial in Seoul, South Korea to join our field service operations team. The work location will be at Gimpo International airport in Seoul, Korea with routine visits to Incheon airport to support Airline Operations at this airport.
Boeing places high priority in identifying the right talent for its workforce, and in investing in its employees’ careers and development. Boeing begins its employees’ journey with a two-year fixed-term employment contract with full benefits. Following successful completion of the employment term, employees will be eligible to permanently continue their employment.
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Contributes to or leads a team to develop customer support plan and executes strategy
- Provides airline operations support and maintains company presence at customer location
- Monitors fleet status and operational issues. Reviews aircraft fleet reliability issues and develops solutions
- Represents the company and customer on internal/external issues
- Identifies opportunities to leverage company products and services
- Develops and implements recommendations to improve operational performance
- Develops action plans, coordinates resources to provide solutions and resolve Aircraft on Ground (AOG) situations
- Validates or reviews effectiveness of company provided solutions, takes corrective action and develops recommendation for process/product improvements
- Develops and conducts targeted training
- Provides guidance and consultation to customers related to a broad range of technical and operational issues. Reviews and monitors fleet operational status and responds to customer requests. Conducts onsite in-depth research of company and customer data to resolve a broad range of issues and provide responses. Consults with company resources on technical support and status. Assesses Company responses for effectiveness.
- Conducts root-cause analysis of customer and company fleet data to identify/evaluate trends and opportunities to increase dispatch reliability. Reviews customer maintenance operations/programs and provides recommendations to improve efficiency and increase aircraft availability. Conducts process improvement projects to increase customer self-sufficiency and/or reduce the demand for support. Validates or reviews effectiveness of company provided solutions, develops corrective and preventative action plans.
- Establishes field base. Maintains location-specific data and provides required customer specific reports for company visibility. Leads meetings between customer and company representatives. Manages customer expectations and demand for company resources. Maintains situational awareness and provides visibility of management level customer concerns.
- Implements aircraft entry into service plans. Consults with customer and provides training and assistance with issues related to the maintenance, operations, troubleshooting, fault rectification and deferring Minimum Equipment List (MEL) items for aircraft models new to the airline. Provides hands-off assistance to customer in turn-around and dispatch of aircraft on the flight line. Assesses customers new fleet readiness and develops support plan.
- Understands the customers requirements and project manages company resources to develop action plans that provide/ensure customized solutions for aircraft in AOG situations. Tracks progress of the solution and maintains company and customer situational awareness. Conducts follow-up with the customer to ensure customized solutions are received and meet expectations.
- Identifies and evaluates customers business priorities and success criteria. Links company resources and priorities to develop or contributes to the development of strategy and support plan to achieve customers operational objectives. Develops, deploys and monitors customer support plan and takes action to meet performance objectives.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage company products to meet customer specific requirements. Provides visibility of significant customer in-service problems and opportunities. Provides advice on the development of the sales strategy and proposal. Identifies potential products and services offerings.
- Monitors resolution of spare parts delivery and communicates with stakeholders regarding warranty and claims processing issues. Evaluates sales agreements to interpret customer entitlements. Develops technical and operational content for warranty and spares issues. Consults with customer regarding company charging policies.
- Analyzes customers requirements and develops and conducts targeted training. Assesses training effectiveness and takes action to improve training delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or EASA / FAA License or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum 6 years related work experience
- Fluent in both English & Korean languages.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years related work experience, 10 years related work experience, etc.).
In-country relocation support is available if the candidate is eligible.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
Boeing Korea has officially been certified as a “Best Family Friendly Management” company by the Republic of Korea Ministry of Gender Equality and Family.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.