Senior Lead Level Systems Integration and Test Engineer Featured
- Richardson, Texas
- Job ID
Senior Lead Level Systems Integration and Test Engineer job at Boeing in Richardson TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense Space and Security (BDS) is looking for a Senior Lead-Level Systems Integration and Test Engineer to join their team in Richardson, TX. This position will serve as the lead for the P-8A AAS Training Systems SEIT team. The Integration and Test team provides software integration, testing, checkout, and maintenance support for the P-8A AAS Training Systems development and sustainment contracts. This position will primarily operate in a lab environment. The candidate will support both local development as well as remote installations.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the P-8 AAS Integration and Test team, coordinating tasking and cross-training.
- Track work and create metrics to report team progress using Jira.
- Represent the team during technical meetings with leadership and the customer.
- Develop integration plans for updating the P-8 trainer software/hardware at remote sites to minimize downtime to the trainer.
- Work in an integrated team of software, hardware, and systems engineers to develop, troubleshoot, and test P-8A training systems & lab products.
- Troubleshoot complex lab and network issues, collaborating with several disciplines that include hardware, software, IT, cybersecurity, to determine root cause of problems and find a solution.
- Create/configure Network File System (NFS) shares and volumes, create LUNs on data store systems.
- Perform basic network configuration changes, such as updating switch configurations and opening/closing ports.
- Perform lab administrator duties, such as add groups and/or components to Active Directory, DHCP, DNS.
- Configure Windows and Linux servers and Virtual Machines (VMs) by adding them to the existing network and meet reporting requirements.
- Ensure system compliance with DISA STIG Requirements and remediate vulnerability findings from ACAS scans.
- Evaluate and effectively communicate complex system problems and resolution.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Active Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- 10+ Years of Experience with configuring and updating complex computer networks
- 10+ Years of Experience with Linux, Windows, Windows Server Operating Systems
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time domestically (intermittent for remote installations)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
- Linux/Windows/Cisco Operating System certifications (e.g. CCNA, Red Hat Linux+, Windows Server 2016, etc.)
- Experience with NAS (Network Attached Storage), SAN (Storage Area Network), configuration & familiarity with: iSCSI, LUNs, NFS shares
- Experience with VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
- Experience with scripting languages such as: bash, powershell, python.
- Experience with Solarwinds
- Experience with the P-8 Weapon Tactics Trainer
Bachelors degree typically 14 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a Masters degree with typically 12 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.