Mid Level Transportation Shipping/Receiving Specialist Featured
- Sylmar, California
- Job ID
Mid Level Transportation ShippingReceiving Specialist job at Boeing in Sylmar CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Transportation Shipping/Receiving Specialist to join our dynamic team in Sylmar, California.
- Oversees incoming/outgoing shipments for identification and damage.
- Coordinates and confirms receipt/shipping documentation for internal/external customers.
- Serves as point of contact for priority incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Identifies carrier for shipments and coordinates requirements.
- Verifies accuracy of incoming/outgoing shipment.
- Identifies and resolves shipping/receiving discrepancies.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position is for 1st shift.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- More than 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing, warehouse, shipping or customer service environment.
- More than 1 year of experience in receiving, storing, picking, kitting, and shipping processes.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 35 pounds frequently within an 8 hour shift.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- More than 1 year of experience working with inventory control software.
- More than 1 year of experience working multiple tasks with differing levels of importance.
- More than 1 year of experience military and commercial packaging, handling, shipping and transportation of equipment and Dangerous Goods.
- More than 1 year of experience working with various material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and cranes.
- More than 1 year of experience operating forklifts (under 15,000-lb. lift capacity) or related equipment.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. military experience, vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $46,750 - $64,350
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.