Test Engineer Direct Attack Weapons Support Equipment Featured
- St Charles, Missouri
- Job ID
Test Engineer Direct Attack Weapons Support Equipment job at Boeing in St Charles MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Companys Direct Attack Weapons Support Equipment team in St. Charles, Missouri has an immediate opening for an Experienced Support Equipment Test Engineer. This individual will work in a team environment to develop test and repair capability for a wide variety of avionics and/or weapon systems. This organization develops and maintains a wide range Automated Test Equipment (ATE) and analysis tools for numerous aircraft and weapons programs. Our equipment and software is used to support all phases of platform/weapon development: demonstration, production, field support, and depot repair.
The selected candidate should possess knowledge and/or experience with complex electrical systems and automated testing. Familiarity with standard electronic laboratory test equipment and troubleshooting practices is required. Experience related to failure analysis, test design and development, production/manufacturing environments, and weapons programs is preferred. This position requires the ability to work within a fast paced team environment. Strong communication skills are essential as contact with Program Management, internal and external customer representatives, and other development teams and disciplines is required.
- Project lead activities, including customer interaction and basic Earned Value Management. Most projects will include substantial software development oversight and management
- Validation that existing and new test designs/documentation meet all contractual, regulatory, and Boeing process specifications and guidelines
- System requirements analysis and development
- System test requirements analysis and verification
- System schematic analysis
- Interface hardware analysis
- Test software analysis and validation
- Hardware/software integration
- System selloff/verification
- Technology research for potential application to company business needs
- Identification of opportunities to improve program test coverage and/or reduce testing impacts/cycle time in a manufacturing environment
- Support of problem investigations and resolution associated with fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Support of various Root Cause/Corrective Action activities
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A final U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor degree from an accredited course of study in Electrical, Computer, Industrial/Manufacturing, or similar Engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience with electrical system failure analysis
Bachelors degree and typically 5 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a Masters degree with typically 3 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.