F 15 Mission Systems Flight Test Engineer Hot
- Shalimar, Florida
- Job ID
F 15 Mission Systems Flight Test Engineer job at Boeing in Shalimar FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect protect explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space you ll learn and grow contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Flight Test team is seeking a F-15 Mission Systems Test Engineer (Associate - Level 2) located in Eglin Air Force Base Florida. This position involves working as a member of an elite Boeing engineering team supporting development flight test activities at Eglin AFB. Principal responsibilities will involve coordinating execution activities for experimental electronics/avionics aircraft sensors and weapon/armament systems undergoing ground and flight testing. The primary objective will involve the integration evaluation and verification of correct operation of new capability upgrades. Personal leadership will be required daily to plan communicate coordinate and execute complex test activities. This will include using your personal education experience and technical skills to perform root-cause analysis/troubleshooting to identify and sort actual problems from non-problems. Direct and frequent interaction across multiple engineering groups and technical teams will be required. This position will also require working closely with United States Air Force Customers to assist them with questions about the new systems and daily flight test missions. Occasional off-site support for meetings and deployed flight testing will be required (primarily to St. Louis Missouri Holloman AFB and Nellis AFB).
The work of flight test brings new different challenging and exciting projects in a constant flow. If selected you will be routinely exposed to a wide variety of different and interesting projects and advanced systems. Flight Testing is a fast paced environment which requires large amounts of personal responsibility trust autonomy and accountability. These test programs will allow you to get hands-on with cutting edge technology where innovative problem solving is embraced. In this position you will have an opportunity to help plan evaluate and test the latest electronic and weapons systems that Boeing and other contractors have created for integration onto F-15 fighter aircraft. You will be provided with self-paced on-site training and structured hands-on experience to aid in becoming a Subject Matter Expert on a variety of aircraft systems which can range anywhere from onboard radar systems to electronic jammers onboard computing systems radar and IR guided missiles control systems jet engines satellite navigation/communication systems and encrypted aircraft data networks. If this sounds like the experience you have been looking for apply now! Eglin AFB is located in the panhandle of Northwest Florida less than 10 miles from the white sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
The successful candidate must have an understanding of digital representations of alphanumeric data is an asset (MIL-STD-1553 data bus and MIL-STD-1760 weapon interface protocols). The candidate must be self-motivated dependable have outstanding written and oral communication skills and exhibit excellent interpersonal/team participation skills.
- Aircraft configuration planning and records keeping
- Writing and reviewing test plan documents
- Assisting with test point documentation and tracking
- Assisting with the creation of test mission profiles
- Assisting with short and long range flight test mission schedule coordination
- Writing and reviewing aircrew flight cards
- Attending aircrew pre/post mission briefings
- Providing real-time technical support during test flights from a ground control facility
- Writing various technical results reports to document test results and program activities
- Performing on-aircraft system checkouts
- Performing on-aircraft troubleshooting of experimental systems for anomaly investigations and resolution
- Performing post-mission analysis and test point scoring
- Performing Test Program activity leadership: hosting meetings milestone tracking equipment tracking
- Providing coordination and engineering oversight for new temporary aircraft modification installations in support of touch labor activities
- Reporting program execution status at weekly Customer meetings and generating program tracking metrics
Attendance and participation in Program Review meetings
Attendance and participation in United States Air Force (USAF) mandated flight test review boards
Review/inputs into Mission Planning and pre-mission Data Module programming
Working outside in all types of weather conditions
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry
- Must be able to walk stand and enter into aircraft via steps or ladders
- Must be willing to work alternating shifts holidays and weekends to support customer s needs
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical or Aerospace engineering
- Experience working with electronics
- Experience with military type platforms and technology
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA ABET accreditation is the preferred although not required accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana cocaine opioids amphetamines PCP and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing diversity equity and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it s the right thing to do but because our success depends on it. The company s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming respectful and equitable with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.