Experienced Structural Analysis Engineer Design Center South Featured
- Titusville, Florida
- Job ID
Experienced Structural Analysis Engineer Design Center South job at Boeing in Titusville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an ExperiencedStructural Analysis Engineer (Level 3) for the Design Center South, in Kennedy Space Center, FL; Huntsville, AL, and Houston, TX which is a multi-function Engineering Organization with a mission statement to provide engineering solutions via a highly skilled flexible workforce and cutting edge technologies for the advancement of the Boeing Enterprise. The Design Center provides engineering support to Enterprise wide projects/programs and is a flexible team that strategically adapts to emerging opportunities.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Perform detailed structural analysis to determine structural integrity (margins of safety) using classical techniques, Finite Element Analysis, and Boeing tools to support layout development and engineering release
- Observance of program standards and requirements to insure structural integrity, and documentation of stress reports.
- Support trade studies to optimize structure and meet program requirements
- Document structural analyses and data required to show compliance with Boeing, customer and regulatory requirements
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the products environment.
- Support and confirmation of fracture assessments for service life requirements.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. Telecommuting may be available based on business needs.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of full time aerospace industry experience do you have within Environmental Controls, Flight Controls, and/or Mechanical/Hydraulic Systems
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical stress and structural analysis and test.
- 3+ years of engineering and technical leadership experience in structures or stress engineering.
- Experience with performing stress, thermal, fatigue, fastener, and tolerance analysis using analysis software and manual hand calculations.
- Experience working within a fast-paced team environment which required strong communication skills to frequently interact with Program Leadership, internal and external customer representatives and development teams.
- Experience managing and prioritize multiple projects in support of key milestones and aircraft delivery schedules.
- 5+years of experience using NASTRAN/PATRAN or similar FEM software to perform structural analysis on aircraft or space structures.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience with aerospace stress analysis and/or structural analysis.
- 5+years of experience with random vibration analysis.
- Experience with static analysis, forced frequency response analysis, random vibration analysis and windmilling analysis
- Experience with various software applications for performing Boeing stress analysis (e.g. IAS, CSW, BDM’s, etc.). Proficiency in coding is a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant aerospace design and test specifications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex, nuanced results in a clear, concise manner that is easily understood by a wide audience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire for significant interaction with multi-disciplinary teams
- Adaptability to rethink existing paradigms and take on a new work place culture that focuses on efficiency and team-centric self-determination
- Knowledge in Mechanical/Hydraulics Systems, Primary Flight Control, High Lift, Environmental Control Systems, Electrical Installation, Flight Deck and Fuels
- Some experience with launch vehicle structures.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
Referrals to this job are eligible for a monetary employee bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.