Software Engineer 2 Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Software Engineer 2 job at Boeing in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking talented, motivated, and high-performing software engineers to help create technologies that will define the future of aerospace. In this position, you will collaborate with other world-class scientists, researchers, and engineers innovating on a range of technologies including: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI/ML), Advanced Training & Simulation, Production Analytics, Autonomy, Electro-Optical/Infrared Sensing, Cybersecurity, Disruptive Computing & Networks, and High-Fidelity Digital Twin & Virtualization.
As part of Boeing Research & Technologys (BR & T) Mission Systems & Autonomy (MS & A) software capability, our software engineers use their expertise to dream up next-generation software capabilities for amazing aerospace, satellite, and autonomy platforms. We develop cutting edge sensors and mission systems, high bandwidth communication systems, large-scale simulation systems, space and satellite systems, avionics virtual machines as part of high fidelity digital twins that will improve the future of software development, airplane and flight controls, cyber security solutions, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and much more. Our products help solve Boeings most challenging problems across Commercial Airplanes, Defense Space & Security, and Global Services businesses.
Projects can range from data analytics supporting commercial, defense, and space programs, creating virtual avionics development test environments across several commercial, defense, satellite, and space platforms, satellite payload technologies, and autonomy
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Supports software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics.
- Performs software research and trade studies.
- Troubleshoots software issues.
- Works under general supervision.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Software language experience with at least one object-oriented language (e.g., C++, C#, Python)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with cross-platform (Linux and Windows preferred) development using cloud technologies
- Experience working with Databases like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile development.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Good understanding of Microservices and web technologies
- Experience creating and maintaining database stored procedures, views and other functions.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience using team collaboration tools e.g., JIRA, Azure DevOps, and Confluence.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as GitLab CI and Jenkins
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This positionoffers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.