Global Trade Control Specialist Compliance Focal Featured
- Brisbane, Queensland Australia
- Job ID
Global Trade Control Specialist Compliance Focal job at Boeing in Brisbane Queensland
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We are seeking a talented Lead Trade Control Specialist to join the team. This role can be based in Australia (Brisbane, Port Melbourne, Williamtown or Canberra)
Global Trade Controls is a strategic business partner that enables Boeing’s business and accelerates Boeing’s global growth by providing expert guidance on complex trade requirements and regulations.
In this role you will be the subject matter expert collaborating with stakeholders and interfacing with Program Managers, internal functions and senior leadership to ensure all work processes are in compliance with U.S. trade regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Investigates potential global. export and import regulatory compliance matters;
- Use analytical skills to conduct root causes analysis of potential compliance matters, and collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions to prevent future related issues;
- Originates actions to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions and analyse impact;
- Develop and present executive level summaries of investigation findings to clearly articulate the details of the compliance matter, to include evaluation of trade control compliance trends and risks;
- Develop and draft executive level correspondences regarding compliance matters to include thorough mitigating factors and corrective actions.
To be successful you will have:
- Global export and import regulatory knowledge and experience;
- U.S. export and import regulatory knowledge and experience;
- Ability to clearly, concisely and objectively identify and frame regulatory compliance issues, root causes and recommended corrective actions;
- Ability and experience working complex issues across locations and time zones with business and functional colleagues;
- Maintains agile effectiveness when experiencing change. Adjusts to work with applicable structures, processes, regulatory requirements and cultures;
- Knowledge of how applicable enterprise businesses and entities operate; knowledge of policies, practices and personnel;
- Compares data from different sources, draws conclusions and takes action that is consistent with facts and applicable US and non-US regulatory requirements;
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments; self imposes standards of excellence.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a focus on diversity. Boeing’s culture and community encourages all applicants to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.