Cyber Security Architect Featured
- Williamtown, New South Wales Australia
- Job ID
Cyber Security Architect job at Boeing in Williamtown New South Wales
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDA is currently seeking a talented individual to join the team as a Cyber Security Architect located in Brisbane or Williamtownas part of the Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) team. The role will involve providing cyber security expertise including development of designs and architecture specific to cyber security. The role is can be based in Brisbane or Williamtown; applications from other regions will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Assessing technical designs and recommending appropriate security controls to meet requirements;
- Leading efforts to review design data elements (threat models, data flow diagrams, requirements, etc.) along with known vulnerabilities associated with IT systems and creates designs and recommendations that lower or eliminate security risk;
- Mentoring technical staff on best practices along with promoting methods that systemically drive down security risk throughout the company;
- Implementing information security requirements, technical controls, standards, guidelines and procedures as well as configuration of security tools and systems.
The successful candidate will be able to convey their knowledge and experience in the general, technical and behavioural competencies listed above with the most desirable experience being:
- Working knowledge of Australian Defence security frameworks and associated policies and procedures including familiarity with the Australian Cyber Security Centre Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Understanding of developing and implementing information security practices in an engineering environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex security concepts to a broad and diverse audience.
- Sound information security knowledge across the following environments is desirable:
- Network connectivity and configuration.
- Windows Client-server systems.
- Linux Client-server systems.
- Support and maintenance of in-house hardware/software systems.
- Engineering Change Management processes.
- A desire to work as part of a dynamic team supporting a diverse range of technology
- Industry recognised information security qualification (CISSP, CISM, ISO 270001, IRAP, etc.) and or relevant experience.
- Defence Security clearance to NEGATIVE VETTING 1 or above required
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
As a member of the Boeing Defence Australia team you will have:
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.