Senior Aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer Featured
- Amberley, Queensland Australia
- Job ID
Senior Aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer job at Boeing in Amberley Queensland
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer
- Attractive remuneration and annual bonus, salary packaging options available
- Work on cutting edge projects
- Hybrid work from home and office environment
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. From the seabed to outer space, we have helped shape aerospace and defence innovations in Australia over the past 95 years.
We are seeking an experienced SeniorAircraft Structural Integrity Engineerto support an exceptional fleet of air combat and electronic attack aircraft, the F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler.
In your role, you will lead the Aircraft Structural Integrity (ASI) Program, which is essential to ensuring airworthiness and safe operation of the F/A-18F and EA-18G fleets.
This role is based in RAAF Base Amberley, QLD.
As a SeniorAircraft Structural Integrity Engineeryou will:
- Manage the ASIP through the various phases of the Aircraft life cycle.
- Lead Boeing implementation of F/A-18F & EA-18G ASIP requirements in accordance with the respective Aircraft Structural Integrity Management Plan (ASIMP).
- Review and analysis of incoming Structural Life Assessment report and provide recommendations for Australian Defence Force Configuration Role and Environment (CRE).
- Assess structural life and structural health of aircraft and recommend maintenance actions.
- Ensure continued airworthiness through structural life assessment (SLA) and structural health monitoring (SHM) of the airframe and provide recommendations for possible maintenance actions.
- Collaborate with United States Navy (USN) counterpart with regards to aircraft structural integrity management, strategy and project status.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Bachelor Engineering qualification in either Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or a related tertiary Engineering degree qualification satisfying the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (RPEQ & /or CPEng desirable).
- Demonstrated 8+ years experience in aircraft structural integrity or aircraft repairs including aircraft structures design, analysis or engineering support to in-service aircraft operations.
- Previous experience in developing engineering artefacts within a regulated aviation environment such as, the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment or similar (CASA, FAA, EASA, etc.)
- Well-developed communication skills to work collaboratively to a high standard within a multi-discipline team.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
At BDA, we support a hybrid working arrangement with a combination of working from home and the office.
Culture and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, our employees benefit from flexible working options, global opportunities, salary packaging, performance incentives, study assistance, wellbeing programs and discounts on health insurance, travel and accommodation.
Were also committed to fostering an environment thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive for every employee, with great opportunities for professional growth. As an equal opportunity employer, female candidates, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader, click Apply Now.
Note: Boeing Australia has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.