EOI Airpower Teaming Systems Software Engineers Featured
- Brisbane, Queensland Australia
- Job ID
EOI Airpower Teaming Systems Software Engineers job at Boeing in Brisbane Queensland
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Airpower Teaming System (ATS) is a globally-significant program that will deliver a disruptive advantage to support Defence operational capabilities. We are seeking a number of Software Engineers across several disciplines to join the organisation to contribute to the success of this program. Developed in partnership with the Royal Australian Air Force, it is the first military combat aircraft to be designed, manufactured and assembled in Australia in 50 years. See more on the ATS here.
Advanced rapid prototyping, manufacturing processes and development in the digital environment underpin the innovative features of the program. Enabled by autonomous capabilities and Artificial Intelligence, the aircraft will fly alongside other platforms to team with existing crewed and uncrewed assets.
As we continue to accelerate the development program, and expand the aircraft flight envelope through the test program, we are seeking the very best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to help grow and contribute to our innovative team. These roles will be based in Brisbane.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for people with a broad range of experience - early career through to experienced professionals - who demonstrate creative thinking, an eagerness to look for innovative solutions, and who enjoy collaborating with key stakeholders.
At BDA we think outside the box. So even if you dont meet all of the criteria, we encourage you to submit an application.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- A tertiary qualification in Software Engineering (or related disciplines)
- Knowledge and experience in the application of contemporary engineering principles, methodologies, configuration management, toolsets, and integration
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary engineering team in a Defence environment
- Knowledge and experience of complex Airborne or Ground-based Mission Systems
- Australian citizenship and the ability to obtain an NV-1 clearance as a minimum
Favourable software engineering skills would include:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of C++ programming language
- Experience with high assurance software systems such as real time operating systems
- Familiarity with the application of DO-178 standard compliance
- Ability to develop solutions in a DevSecOps environment
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) implementation tactics
- Experience with Monte Carlo Simulations
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19.
Please note, this role will be shortlisted in January / February 2022, we appreciate your patience.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.