Experienced F 15 Mechanical Modification Technician Featured
- Seymour Johnson Afb, North Carolina
- Job ID
Experienced F 15 Mechanical Modification Technician job at Boeing in Seymour Johnson AFB NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced F-15 Mechanical Modification Technician to support the F-15 RMP program at Seymour Johnson AFB.
This position is designated to support the F-15E Radar Modernization Program (RMP). Selected applicants will possess skills specific to performing modification efforts in accordance with Time Change Technical Orders (TCTO) and Retrofit Installation Drawings (RID).
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Modification in accordance with Time Change Technical Orders and Retrofit Drawings
- Assemble, disassemble, and/or modify systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading Environmental Control Systems (ECS).
- Assemble, disassemble, and/or modify systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading Landing Gear systems
- Troubleshooting existing aircraft conditions in accordance with Technical Orders
- Works under general direction
- Engages in Safety Culture, First Time Quality, FOD Reporting
- Inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components.
- Sets high expectations of themselves and the team placing safety, quality, and integrity
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start isrequired.
- Minimum of 1 year experience reading and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Mechanical Systems
- Must have own hand tools.
- Must be willing to work nights and overtime as required on short notice
- Individual must be willing to travel on short notice.
- Previous modification/installation experience
- Experienced in the use of electrical crimpers
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years related work, Bachelor, etc.).
This positionoffers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for Shift 1
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.