Mid Level Software Test Engineer Featured
- Englewood, Colorado
- Job ID
Mid Level Software Test Engineer job at Boeing in Englewood CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services is currently looking for four Mid-Level Software Test Engineers to join their team in Englewood, CO. These positions will focus on supporting the Navigation Data Production business.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Technical Lead, Architect, and other Engineering Managers to test and validate new systems as well as sustain exiting systems for commercial and business aviation. This systems primarily focus on manage, extract, and provision navigation data to external customers.
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Englewood, CO, USA.
- Conduct the integration of software components by executing test procedures
- Use software tools to generate software products (e.g., software builds, requirement specifications, design documents) and solve problems.
- Construct, document and test software code using software development environment tools and programming languages such as python, Java, and C#
- Execute unit and integration tests and document results to verify software performance and function.
- Automate integration/functional/performance test by developing scripts for unattended testing
- Collect and input process data to support basic software metrics.
- Gathering and analyzing data to support assessment of software performance/function.
- Collects and inputs data for software metrics
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders across the world while defining software Requirements and testing
- Support deliveries as defined in the data requirements list to the Boeing stakeholders.
- Support project management by providing periodic status and required metrics data, Metrics based management
- Be dynamic and support management and ensure successful product deliveries
- Identify, communicate and mitigate the Risk, Issues and Opportunities on a timely manner
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience in C# and/or Java
- 3+ years of experience developing test execution scripts and using test automation tools to maximize automated testing
- 3+ years of experience with technology or product/capability development using agile development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong understanding of system and software architectures
- Experience with Java Web Service technologies: Angular, Grooy, Grail, Selenium
- Some Programming Experience in Java and/or C# and/or Python
- Some experience with Testing Frameworks such as Selenium, Junit, and Nunit
- Experience in testing system that use relational (Oracle and PostgreSQL) and NoSQL DBs
- Experience in testing scalable REST based stateless APIs/web services for cloud and on-prem applications using Postman
- Working knowledge of Azure or AWS cloud infrastructure
- Very Good understanding of DO200A or DO200B standards
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA Agile, and Confluence
- Data Analytical, Modelling Skills - Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources
- Demonstrated Lead Software engineering experience with hands on involvement in multiple phases of the program life-cycle, including early system design and development
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, executive and senior-level management, and non-engineering support staff to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables is essential
Typical Education & Experience:
Typically 5 or more years related work experience or relevant military experience. Bachelors Engineering degree is preferred in Electronics/Aeronautical/Electrical/Systems Engineering preferred but not required.
Relocation is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $66,150– $122,850
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.