Mid level Manufacturing Planner Featured
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Job ID
Mid level Manufacturing Planner job at Boeing in New Orleans LA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) is seeking a Mid-Level Manufacturing Planner on the Space Launch System (SLS) Program. The successful candidate will perform job responsibilities independently and with minimal instruction as well as assist lessor level candidates with assigned work scopes. The candidate will use technical skills which adheres to the relevant Production Engineering command media, customer requirements and best engineering practices and principles.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, work with technical experts across the volume of the vehicle in multiple disciplines related to, manufacturing planning, build product structure, corrective actions and tooling requirements.
Position Responsibilities may include:
- Develops, implements and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives. Develops and integrates suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Reviews and approves supplier data to ensure manufacturing related requirements are met.
- Develops tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements. Manages tools from initial design to end of use disposition.
- Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues.
- Develops integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Works under general direction.
- No travel required.
- This position requires that you work at Michoud Assembly.
The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment in any of the following areas: work instruction creation and review, product architecture analysis, shipside planning experience or tooling development/analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Some college study is preferred although not required
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Mechanical/Structural and/or Electrical Systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years related work experience, 5 years related work experience, etc.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a non-union position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.