Maintenance Machinist Featured
- Puyallup, Washington
- Job ID
Maintenance Machinist job at Boeing in Puyallup WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Support the equipment maintenance team with evaluating, planning and designing machine parts
- Reverse engineering of replacement equipment parts
- Working with lathes, mills, grinders, and drill processes
- Reading and understanding blueprints
- Reading micrometers, setting up a sine plate, planning a job from scratch and understanding of all types of machining materials
- Working closely with our maintenance and engineering teams
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work any shift
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with reverse engineering, teardowns and reuse methodologies
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with manual machining
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.